Branded Content Editor
StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
The Studio is Narcity Media's branded content production hub, focusing on creating engaging and quality content for our partners and audiences alike. This position is for the Editorial arm of the department, which specializes in written storytelling through custom articles.
Narcity Media is looking for an experienced Branded Content Editor to be a creative & strategic lead for our content studio. This Branded Content Editor will be reporting to the Deputy Editor of the studio department and will play a pivotal role in overseeing and executing branded editorial campaigns.
We are seeking an adaptable storyteller who knows how to strike the right balance between value for Narcity Media’s audiences and brand partners. The role will consist of producing and editing branded content for Narcity Media’s English platforms, as well as brainstorming, concepting, and packaging innovative content-led pitches on behalf of our brand partners.
The ideal person should be creative and excited about new challenges! They should a problem solver capable of identifying and understanding our brand partners’ needs, our audience’s interests, as well as media and content trends. Additionally, candidates for the Editor position should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Ideating, conceptualizing and packaging big picture ideas for client briefs & RFPs
- Managing and assigning projects to freelance writers
- Creating & packaging content that maintains Narcity’s brand voice while telling stories in a meaningful way
- Overseeing and top-editing all english custom branded content
- Formatting and editing articles respecting the Narcity style guide and other internal guidelines
- Ensuring that produced articles deliver on campaign KPIs and mandates
- Ensuring all information is properly cited and factually accurate
- Analyzing performance across campaigns and making strategic optimizations for future campaigns/pitches
- Writing and editing copy for any and all branded creative assets, social captions, etc
- 1-3 years of professional editing or writing experience at a digital publisher and a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or similar
- 1-3 years of digital advertising and branded content development for advertisers at agency, brand or publisher
- First-rate editing skills and an obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- Experience in managing writers
- Good judgment, versatility and the ability to work well without supervision
- The ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- A passion for a mix of proper grammar and spelling, valuable content, and creative growth
- Available to work Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST
- Creativity/ innovation - Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Flexibility/ adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Work ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Openness to criticism and ideas - Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Attention to detail - Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
This is a permanent remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefit package and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply. We can’t wait to talk with you!