StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate, creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity Media’s Studio is looking for an experienced and creative Video Producer to join our rapidly expanding branded content & production team. The Video Producer will play a pivotal role in leading and overseeing the production of our Studio department’s branded and sponsored video initiatives across all platforms.
We are seeking a storyteller with extensive knowledge and experience in the film production industry with a strong network of creatives. The Video Producer will work on video content across multiple formats (from long-form series to immersive social videos). They will be responsible for managing a production budget (starting at 10K+) as well as the execution of all branded video campaigns across Narcity Media’s brands.
The right person should be driven, organized, and passionate about delivering both effective and entertaining videos to an audience of millennials and Gen Zs located across Canada.Lastly, the Video Producer will be working closely with the Studio’s editorial and social teams to execute and deliver compelling, smart and integrated branded content campaigns for our users across the country. For that reason, this candidate should be passionate about working alongside like-minded creatives on an enthusiastic team!
- Manage, produce and oversee multiple small to large scale video productions, from presale to final cut, for all brand partnership video campaigns across Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com
- Conceptualize, script, write and produce compelling video concepts
- Collaborate and support pre-sale with video creative strategy, budget and execution on RFP pitches
- Hire and manage crews sized 2-10+ of directors, editors, camera opp, DPs, PMs, etc
- Responsible for video project timelines and budgets assigned to every project
- Ensure video productions stay on time, on track and on budget and respect agreed artistic & technical standards
- Write copy for video headlines and descriptions as required
- Build and enforce Narcity Media’s video values, branded video best practices, quality standards, production protocol and best practices across all verticals and formats
- In collaboration with Head of Studio, develop new innovative video products/formats/series for branded content and/or advertising opportunities
- Identify opportunities and lead creative ideation for outbound sales pitches
- Identify opportunities to expand on emerging platforms
- Employ analytics and platform insights to monitor engagement and tailor strategy to each platform and network Narcity brands operate on
- Represent Narcity Media and serve as a brand ambassador on and offline
- Create, meet and exceed quarterly OKRs and revenue goals set by the Head of Studio
- Other related duties as assigned by Head of Studio
- 5+ years of experience in the film production industry, and/or content and creative industries
- Solid understanding of the Narcity brand and audience
- Ability to plan, organize, and administer a complex production with multiple people.
- Excellent budgeting and accounting skills to keep track of production budget
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate must communicate and work with crew heads, producers, directors, camera opp, editors, PMs, PAs, any and all line members
- Strong and working relationships with equipment suppliers and crew is a must. Being able to call on the services of people whose abilities you trust is fundamental
- Creative thinker and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work in a team, and be self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks and assignments in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in using social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat
- Bilingual candidates will be prioritized (English and French); basic knowledge of French is essential for working on productions for the Quebec market
- Flexible/ adaptable. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Creative/ innovative. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Communicative. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Organized. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Team player. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
This is a permanent remote position based anywhere in Ontario or Quebec, Canada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefits package and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply. We can’t wait to talk with you!