Billingual Associate Copy Editor
Content: OperationsFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and apps.
We are a group of passionate individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity Media is currently looking for a motivated, meticulous and bilingual Associate Copy Editor to join our Copy team. The Associate Copy Editor will play a pivotal role in our daily operations in the Content Department ensuring that content is up-to-date, accurate and fact-checked.
The ideal person should love clear and conversational language and be a diligent grammar nerd and spellchecker. Narcity Media’s Copy Editors proofread, revised, fact-check and appropriately style articles for our readers in English and French (images, text, headlines). If you cringe over your friend's DM grammar and love the conversational writing style, this position is for you.
This is a full-time, work-from-home position that would entail working collaboratively with the Copy, Social, Video and Editorial Teams to ensure our real-time articles are up-to-date, accurate and entertaining. This position is entry-level and will be task-based. This also includes copyediting archived stories and keeping them up to current journalistic standards, as well as working on special projects.
- Quickly reading articles to ensure they are accurate, properly-cited, well-written and up-to-date
- Correcting grammar, including spelling, syntax and styling of text in French and English
- Editing articles to make sure their content is consistent with Narcity’s editorial standards, occasionality writing text for outdated content
- Choosing supporting material (i.e. multimedia) when updating articles
- Formatting articles to fit our current aesthetic while making sure all locations/businesses are still open
- Finding and inserting photos that are in line with our content, updating all links
- Working with editors to make sure errors and adjustments are properly communicated
- Occasionally working on translations and special projects
- Following and maintaining the Narcity Media style guide
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (written and spoken)
- Able to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Strongly familiar with working with style guides, especially AP Style
- Absolutely in love with your city and have a sense of discovery and community
- Experience with SEO is an asset
- Available to work Tuesday to Saturday between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET, and can adapt to evenings and weekends if needed
- Communicative: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Efficient: Able to get to many articles in a limited amount of time.
- Enthusiastic: Exhibits passion and excitement over your work. Has a can-do attitude.
This is a permanent, remote position available to all applicants located across Canada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office fund, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover; what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!