Social Media Marketing Specialist
CommerceFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and experienced Digital Marketing Specialist to join our rapidly expanding Commerce team. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be expected to play a pivotal role in the daily operations of Narcity’s paid campaigns, with a focus on social media advertising.
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for the creation and optimization of our paid media channels to support the commerce department with its growth objectives. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be expected to do so through the creation of engaging conversion-driven campaigns for Narcity as well as its Fortune 500 company partners. Therefore, it is important that the candidate is experienced in using industry best practices and regulations to assure the brand safety of both Narcity and its clientele.
The right person should have a strong interest in commerce, and the ability to sell the benefits of a product/service across a multitude of topics. This person should also possess professional experience managing paid search, native and display ads. Lastly, any interested candidate should be passionate about working alongside like-minded creatives on an enthusiastic team.
Before applying, please visit our sites to get a feel for what kind of company we are! We have four: MTLBlog, Narcity Canada, Narcity USA, and Narcity Québec.
- Develop, execute, and optimize cutting-edge digital campaigns from conception to launch
- Work cross-departmentally to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization
- Provide ongoing actionable insights into campaign performance to relevant stakeholders
- Define, measure, and evaluate relevant paid media KPIs
- Build out media buys for various ad platforms and overseeing the day-to-day execution of digital paid media
- Oversee and manage the overall budget for paid media
- Conduct in-depth keyword and website research, ad grouping and audience targeting
- Maintaining knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies
- 3+ years experience in digital & performance marketing, with an emphasis on conversion marketing, customer acquisition/lead generation, and sales-driven campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with paid advertising platforms (including Facebook/Instagram ads)
- Hands-on experience performing Google Analytics and in-depth performance analysis
- Experience using additional paid advertising platforms ( including Google Adwords, native advertising platforms such as; Outbrain, Taboola, etc, and other social platforms such Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, Youtube are considered an asset)
- Deep understanding of affiliate/performance marketing (including various performance structures such as CPM, CPC, CPA, CPL is required)
- In-depth knowledge of various affiliate tracking platforms (including Amazon Associates, Impact, CJ, HasOffers/Tune, Awin, Partnerize and similar services)
- Ability to A/B test content and scale up performing ads, while simultaneously shutting down underperforming ads in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday between 9 AM and 5:00 PM EST (some flexibility available).
- Organized - You make sure all projects are on time, within budget, and of the highest quality.
- Analytical - Able to structure and process campaign results to drive results on tight deadlines.
- Creative/innovative - Generates new and innovative approaches to their work every single day.
- Flexible/adaptable - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions in both the company and the media industry. Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Strategic thinker/visionary - Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
This is a permanent position based anywhere in Canada, we are flexible first at Narcity Media! Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
$55 000 - $70 000
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!