VideoFull TimeCanada/USA, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and experienced Supervising Producer to join our rapidly expanding video team. The Senior Producer will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by overseeing the local live video initiatives and providing daily editorial guidance to video reporters
We are seeking a storyteller with a strong network of sources who is passionate about delivering both important news and entertaining videos to millennials and gen z readers across Canada. The Supervising Producer will be working closely with the editorial and copy teams to produce accurate, fact-checked, entertaining news recaps for our readers across the country. The visual stories created will enhance our most popular articles on Narcity Canada, Narcity Quebec, and MTL Blog.
The right person should be creative, driven, and passionate about working alongside like-minded creatives on an enthusiastic team.The Supervising Producer’s mission will be to help Narcity reinvent what local news looks like and grow our local pages in all Canadian Markets. They will own and drive the expansion of our live video initiative across all platforms.
- Generating engaging, original, and newsworthy story ideas and assigning them to video reporters in our various local markets
- Finding, booking, and pre-interviewing high-profile/expert/newsworthy/entertaining guests for LIVE on-air interviews on our various platforms
- Preparing research packages and questions for reporters as required
- Monitoring and staying on top of the news of the day, as well as issues and trends that impact residents of several Canadian cities including Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Calgary
- Writing for website and social media as required
- Driving viewership growth and video content performance on Narcity’s website and social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, Snapchat)
- Using data and platform insights to develop content ideas/strategies
- Developing and enforcing Narcity Media’s video values, quality standards, protocol, and best practices across all verticals and formats
- Respecting brand and quality guidelines set by the Editor-in-Chief for all content, along with ensuring the quality of video content is impeccable and innovative
- Working in collaboration with Editorial and Social teams to build traffic-driving content strategies
- Represent Narcity Media at industry events and serve as a brand ambassador
- Create, meet and exceed quarterly video OKRs and revenue goals
- Other related duties as assigned by Executive Producer
- Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program or related television news experience
- Proven editorial news judgment with high journalistic standards and a minimum 5 years newscast producing experience
- Solid understanding of the Narcity brand and audience
- Creative writing skills
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to work in a team, and be self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks and assignments in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in using social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat
- The successful candidate must be an excellent writer, a creative thinker, and have strong news judgment
- Bilingual candidates will be prioritized (English and French); basic knowledge of French is essential for working with Quebec editorial teams.
- Must be available to work a schedule of 9-5 EST from Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends
- Flexible/Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Creative/Innovative: Generates new and innovative approaches to their work every single day.
- Strategic thinker/Visionary: Strategic thinker who is always looking for ways to improve distribution, engagement, reach, and content. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Reliable: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
This is a permanent position based anywhere in Canada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!