People Operations Coordinator
People and CultureFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and organised People Operations Coordinator to join our growing People and Culture Team. Reporting to the People Operations Manager, the Coordinator will play a key role in our daily operations related to managing and supporting Narcity’s biggest assets - our People.
We are seeking a creative, passionate, and meticulous person. The right candidate will ensure smooth operations across our various People functions. They will be responsible for coordinating various HR administration, operational, and culture tasks by effectively organizing projects & supporting the team.
You are detail-oriented, comfortable working across multiple projects, and possess a basic understanding of human resources. This position is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to understand several processes involved within People Operations.
1. Supporting on Administrative & Operational Tasks
- Coordinate and execute daily operations processes for the department
- Providing a great employee experience by owning day-to-day employee queries
- Coordinate company-wide Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives
- Creatively supporting the P&C Team with Culture Projects & initiatives
- Managing the subscription requests and keeping track of deadlines
- Assist/create/launch employee engagement events
- Data savvy: collection, analysis, and interpretation of data
- Research and report on current Human Capital trends
- Liaising with Department leads on contractors
- Various administrative tasks
- Bachelor of Business, Human Resources Administration or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Perfectly Bilingual [English and French]
- Excellent French written and verbal communication skills are considered assets
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Knowledge of publishing, online media and/or journalism
- No minimum experience required
- Efficient: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Organized: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Meticulous: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Flexibility/ Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
This is a permanent position, open to candidates in Canada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a flexible first office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!