Social Media Coordinator, Studio
StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and experienced Social Media Coordinator to join our rapidly expanding Studio team. The Associate Social Editor, Studio will play a pivotal role in our daily operations and our Trending Canada coverage by breaking exclusivestories about major cities in their country.
We are seeking a Social Media Coordinator reporting to the Senior Social Media Editor will be a detail-oriented and knowledgeable person who wants to make an impact in our team! They will play an important role in distributing original visual stories (editorial & video) for all our sponsored social campaigns & brand partnerships across all of Narcity's owned and operated social channels.
The right person should have a passion for building strong communities and connecting with online audiences. This person should also possess a deep understanding of Gen Z and Millennial online behaviors
- Scheduling, posting, and monitoring all sponsored content on our social platforms
- Setting up Social Media Ad Campaigns
- Writing engaging social media copy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Creating social media mockups for clients
- Following and respecting industry standards for branded content on social
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels
- Proactively suggesting new ways to grow our community
- Respect and uphold Narcity Studio's community guidelines & procedures
- Brainstorming whenever necessary
- 1-3 years of community management and social media management & a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or similar
- Knowledge and experience distributing branded content across all Social Media Platforms
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and prioritize
- An understanding of the changing trends of Social Media and where it’s going
- Experience in working with social ads (e.g. FB ads, Instagram ads, YouTube ads, etc)
- Knowledge of French an asset
- Creative/innovative- Generates new and innovative approaches to their work every single day.
- Flexible/adaptable- adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions in both the company and the media industry. Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Open to criticism and ideas- Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback
- A Strategic thinker- able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities through acomprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
Available to work Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST
This is a permanent position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefit package, and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!