Ad Operations Specialist
CampaignsFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity Media is looking to hire a dedicated and autonomous Ad Operations Specialist to join our team. As a member of the Campaigns Department; you will help with the handling and execution of all sponsored activations on Narcity Media’s properties (including our social platforms).
We are seeking an Ad Operations Specialist who will own all things related to: Google Ad Manager (trafficking, forecasting, troubleshooting, optimization), managing ad specs (as well as optimizing all display), video, and social campaigns.
The right person should be fluent in english, extremely organized and possess strong time management skills. The candidate must also possess: a strong knowledge of ad servers, SSPs, and social ad platforms (particularly with Google Suite, Google Ads Manager and Facebook Ads Manager).
- Updating and improving training and other documentation including workflow and day to day responsibilities
- Hosting training sessions internally and externally
- Being a subject matter expert, strong familiarity with AdOps / AdTech terms and deliverables, able to guide support teams
- Provide regular insights on ad performance across all platforms
- Support on all ad platforms/systems (training, point of contact)
- Ad trafficking and optimize towards improving performance on all preferred platforms, and ensuring ad campaigns deliver in full and meet client KPIs
- Liaising with Client Success, Programmatic, Accounts teams, Product team, and/or clients to identify issues and troubleshoot; where necessary
- Assist Client Success team with reporting, granular report requests, analysis of campaign performance at post-campaign, and provide recommendation for future campaigns
- Being a proactive communicator. By taking initiative to monitor and flag under-delivery/low performance and suggest optimizations, reviewing assets and flagging creative or technical issues and assisting Client Success with solutions feedback
- Provide forecasting for ad inventory and reporting on request
- Maintain GAM and other ad platforms/software
- Own and keep track of ad specifications
- Regularly meet with key external technology and media partners to ensure continuity in workflow
- Working closely with Client Success and Client Strategy teams, develop performance benchmarks, best practices, and identify opportunities to improve our products (suggesting ad formats, audience targeting, etc)
- Proven work experience as an Ad Operations Specialist or similar role
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- A desire to constantly learn
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (knowledge of french is an asset)
- Strong knowledge of ad servers, SSPs, and social ad platforms; particularly with Google Suite, Google Ads Manager and Facebook Ads Manager
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A passion and strong understanding of the digital media & advertising industry
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Asana or Trello; we use ClickUp)
- Efficient- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organized- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Proactive - Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Calm under pressure- Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
Available to work a schedule consisting of Monday to Friday from 9am- 5pm
This is a permanent remote position, open to candidates located in Montreal, Quebec or Toronto, Ontario. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!