Associate Editor, Studio
StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate, creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated, proactive, and experienced Associate Editor with a background in sponsored content to join the rapidly expanding editorial arm of our content studio. The Associate Editor will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by lending support to the editors and diligently copy-editing, proofreading, and upholding the quality standards of our articles.
We are seeking a meticulous grammar whizz who is highly adaptive and knows how to strike the right balance between value for audiences and brand partners. They are excited by new challenges and are comfortable with implementing and maintaining editorial standards across our platforms.
The ideal person should have extensive experience in proofreading and editing within the context of sponsored content and have a particular passion for executing day-to-day tasks, such as edits and article publishing, in a precise and efficient manner.
- Delivering high-quality content in a timely manner.
- Proofreading & copy-editing English content across all our platforms.
- Drafting and preparing content, ensuring it's ready to send to clients.
- Implementing client edits while respecting tones and style guides.
- Ensuring all information is properly cited and factually accurate.
- Preparing articles for publication and publishing roughly 5-10 articles per week.
- Respecting and upholding Narcity Studio's style guides & procedures.
- Impeccable English grammar, plus proven professional writing skills and research abilities.
- Preferably bilingual (English native and French comprehension).
- Extremely familiar with Narcity's content.
- 1-3 years of professional editing and/or writing experience at a digital publisher and a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or similar.
- 1-3 years of experience in the sponsored content domain.
- An obsession with ensuring all our content meets Narcity’s quality standards.
- The ability to work with tight deadlines and prioritize.
- A passion for a mix of proper grammar and spelling, valuable content, and creative growth.
- Efficient- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attentive- Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Flexible/Adaptable- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Intelligent- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Calm under pressure- Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
Available to work Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST
This is a permanent remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply. We can’t wait to talk with you!