Social Media Coordinator
SocialFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity Media is looking for a motivated and experienced Social Media Coordinator to join our rapidly expanding social team. The Social Media Coordinator will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by assisting the social media team with content distribution and scheduling. Ultimately freeing up the editors' time to focus on content creation for their channels.
This position will understand all our social publishing needs and will support direct publishing to channels when needed. They will be responsible for overseeing social automation and assisting in the daily schedule for social publication. They will also work in supporting UGC procurement. This position will touch all our publications (predominantly Narcity Canada).
The right person should possess the ability to quickly understand our distribution operations and become a support system for the daily publishing tasks of the social team. The Content Curator will report to the Deputy Editor, Instagram & Emerging Platforms
- Daily content curator and publisher for various Narcity social media channels with a focus on distribution and UGC discovery.
- Work directly with Deputy Editor, Instagram & Emerging Platforms to publish, distribute and build out daily content schedules and ensure content is published on time and with precision.
- Operate in lock-step with the editorial team to ensure breaking news is published in a timely manner.
- Possess the ability to see a given social trend, understand the key elements, and turn that concept into a social media content concept - graphical, video, or otherwise.
- Be the voice of Narcity on social media and connect directly with our audience through daily comment moderation and engagement.
- Refine and optimize social media posting cadence and process where needed.
- UGC detective! - Able to find the best UGC on social media and also encourage our followers to participate by sending their content to us.
- Participate and encourage social conversation with our followers.
- Work directly with the editorial team on content execution, improvements, and feedback.
- Support with tracking social media listening tools (CrowdTangle) and other data platforms.
- Learn about the latest local trends, restaurants, events, and businesses and build a strategy for finding, engaging, and amplifying this content
- Ideally, 1-2 Years of professional experience in social media management and/or content curation using Instagram.
- An asset if you have personal or professional experience with the following: TikTok, Photoshop, and video editing
- Professional experience using social media distribution platforms such as Later, Hootsuite, etc.
- Some knowledge and understanding of social media analytics (Crowdtangle and Google Analytics)
- Availability to work a flexible full-time schedule with one weekend shift per week!
- Flexible/ adaptable - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Intelligent - Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- A strategic Thinker- Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Enthusiastic - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
This is a permanent position based anywhere in Canada, we are flexible first at Narcity Media! Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!