Software Developer Intern
Product and DevelopmentInternVancouver, BC
Who are we?
Moola is a digital wallet and e-gift card marketplace where consumers can find the best deals from an aggregated list of Canada’s most popular merchants. Based in Vancouver, BC, Moola Inc, is an organization where we operate with agility, and with our plans for rapid growth, we are launching multiple new products and looking to expand our team with new top talent to work a combination of remotely and from our downtown office.
What are we looking for?
This would be a good opportunity for an individual who is passionate and curious about building solid applications. You care about clean code and take opportunities to learn new programming languages. If you are someone who has a strong desire for continual improvement and enjoys learning about new technologies, then the Software Developer Intern role with Moola might be a great way for you to spend the next 4-8 months!
What you will be doing and learning to do:
· Integrating backend solutions into the web frontend
· Implementing and maintaining REST API's in our Java based backend
· Analyze and debug complex issues and help resolve them
· Automate testing of new features using JUnit
· Participate and share ideas in daily team stand-up meetings
· Learn new and existing technologies
· Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software
What you bring to the table:
· Must be enrolled and in progress of completing a computer science program at a Canadian University/College
· Experience with Git, IDE's for software development
· Understanding of the full SDLC
· Understanding of the agile methodology
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Legally able to work full-time in Canada, and on-site at our Vancouver office
· Must be able to work full-time for 4 months starting in April/May 2023
Things we would consider assets:
· Prior Co-op or Internship work experience in software development
· Familiarity with Angular
· Knowledge of server-side web application development (ex. Java, Spring boot, Node.js)
· Knowledge of networking
· Experience with Wordpress
Why work with us?
· Work-life balance - We provide consistency and promote personal growth. A combination of working from home and our downtown office will be the way of the future for our company.
· Local company - Our CEO and leadership team are all working on the ground with you - we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
· Exciting Industry - We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
· Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation
· Opportunities for growth
· Company culture and events
· Mentorship and experience
· Dynamic work environment with great group of people