QA Test Manager
Product and DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver, BC
Who are we?
Moola is a digital wallet and e-gift card marketplace where consumers can find the best deals from an aggregated list of Canada’s most popular merchants. Based in Vancouver, BC, Moola Inc, is an organization where we operate with agility, and with our plans for rapid growth, we are launching multiple new products and looking to expand our team with new top talent to work a combination of remotely and from our downtown office.
What are we looking for?
Moola is looking for leader who views testing in a holistic way and has the ability to teach, encourage, and be responsible for a QA test team. You’re someone who is self-motivated, positive, and has an analytical mind. If you are open to being a part of the whole testing process from hands-on testing to strategizing with senior leadership, this could be an exciting opportunity for you!
What you will be doing:
- Define and lead a QA strategy across the company
- Drive improvements in testing processes, documentation, and cross-functional collaboration
- Work alongside the development teams and ensure they receive constructive quality feedback from QA Testers in a timely manner
- Lead, coach and train a growing team while continuously looking for ways to improve the department
- Work closely with senior leadership, providing updates and reporting on ongoing projects
- Manage multiple products in QA simultaneously
- Evaluation, analysis, design, test, and development of computer software systems focused on Quality Assurance of mobile and server applications
- Provide input in requirement gathering meetings and analyze requirements to align with our client’s business objectives and necessary technological needs in the industry
- Analyze design feasibility, help in designing solutions, build enhanced error-handling and design process-oriented modifications
- Generate customized application tools; create business rules, pilots, test data, test cases and test plans
- Perform functional, exploratory, performance, security and regression testing as part of the testing process
- Prepare bug reports and generate test execution records
- Logging defects concisely into the defect tracking tool, and track defects from entry until closure
- Perform automation evaluation and improvements to make processes more efficient
- Work collaboratively with the development team to correct errors and participate in testing for product releases
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or QA Lead
- 8 years+ of experience specific in Quality Assurance
- Possess strong leadership abilities with the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Experience leading QA Teams through full-cycle development
- Knowledgeable in testing methodologies, design, and execution
- Self-starter with strong QA skills, able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience testing web and mobile based applications
- Experience working any similar test case management tools
- Experience working with project tracking software like JIRA/Confluence
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with QA techniques including black box, white box, smoke, regression, functional and exploratory testing.
- Knowledge of executing performance and stress testing
- Hands on experience with testing API’s and tools for testing API’s like postman
- Experience with SDLC within an agile environment in a past role
- Exposure to programming languages like (Java, C++, JS, Python etc)
- Experience using version control software like GitHub
- Experience with Linux, iOS, Android
- Experience with docker, Kubernetes or other virtualization technology
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance - We provide consistency and promote personal growth. A combination of working from home and our downtown office will be the way of the future for our company.
- Local company - Our CEO and leadership team are all working on the ground with you - we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry - We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc.)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people