Production & ManufacturingFull Time Coquitlam, BC
Position Type: Full-time
Company Name: Moment Energy
Contact Name: Gabriel Soares
Job Location: In-person at #103 - 7 Burbidge St, Coquitlam, BC
Moment is seeking a Mechanical Assembler to build and assemble our energy storage units. You will be responsible for creating second-life battery systems that will be deployed in renewable energy projects across North America!
Who we are, and why you should care
Moment is a cleantech start-up founded by four tech entrepreneurs with a goal to revolutionize the clean energy space. We’re creating a circular economy by building battery energy storage systems from repurposed electric vehicle batteries. Our mission is to provide worldwide access to clean, reliable, and affordable power.
As an impact-based organization, Moment's goal is to provide a reliable and environmentally-friendly battery energy storage systems for our customers. We are one of the only Canadian companies who have worked with Nissan North America, Mercedes-Benz Energy, and other world-renowned automakers to repurpose their electric vehicle batteries. Our team was named one of the Top 100 Global Cleantech Companies of 2023, the Cleantech Early-Stage Company of the Year, and the VERGE 22 Transportation Company of the Year in 2022.
Our employees are the foundation for the environmental impact we all strive for, so we put our employees first. We provide a fulfilling work environment and support a healthy personal lifestyle for our employees. Fun, health, and wellness are incorporated into our daily schedule and we encourage all our team members to bring innovative ideas to the table to create an interactive workplace.
As a part of our strong community, you will help the world move one step closer to a sustainable energy ecosystem.
You’ll love this role if you...
- Are passionate about the environment and are excited to build sustainable solutions for the cleantech industry!
- Are a self-starter, active learner, and want to make a positive impact on the world.
- Love building and creating systems with your hands-on skills.
We strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous, minorities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
What you'll be working on:
- Building electro-mechanical sub-assemblies to integrate into the final product
- Inserting rivets, nuts, and other fasteners into mechanical components
- Following assembly instructions and be able to interpret mechanical drawings
- Operating power hand tools such as drills, impact drivers, angle grinders, etc..
- Performing quality inspections, part assessments, and process improvements in the manufacturing pipeline
- Logging and maintaining inventory of production-related components
- Supporting other teams such as Electrical, Supply Chain, Logistics, as needed
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds with or without lifting aids and devices
Estimated hourly rate:
- $24/hour - $28/hour
We offer an open and collaborative work environment along with:
- 37.5 hours per week work schedule
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus 1 week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Extended health, dental, and vision benefits plan
- Regular company socials, events
- Weekly fitness and yoga
- Employee Referral Program
- Free electric vehicle charging