ProductionFull Time Coquitlam, BC
Position Type: Full-time
Company Name: Moment Energy
Contact Name: Gabriel Soares
Job Location: In-person at #103 - 7 Burbidge St, Coquitlam, BC
Moment is seeking an Electrical Technician to build and assemble our energy storage units. You will be responsible for creating second-life battery systems that will be deployed in renewable energy projects across North America!
Who we are, and why you should care
Moment is a Canadian owned and operated cleantech start-up founded by four tech entrepreneurs. We’re helping to build a sustainable economy by building energy storage systems made from repurposed electric vehicle batteries. Our mission is to provide worldwide access to clean, reliable, and affordable power.
As an impact-based organization, Moment's goal is to provide a reliable and environmentally-friendly energy storage solutions for our customers. We are one of the only Canadian companies working with Nissan North America, Mercedes-Benz Energy, and other world-renowned automakers to repurpose their electric vehicle batteries. Our team was named one of the Top 100 Global Cleantech Companies of 2023, the Cleantech Early-Stage Company of the Year, and the VERGE 22 Transportation Company of the Year in 2022.
Our employees are the foundation for the environmental impact we all strive for, so we put our employees first. We provide a fulfilling work environment and support a healthy personal lifestyle for our employees. Fun, health, and wellness are incorporated into our daily schedule and we encourage all our team members to bring innovative ideas to the table to create an interactive workplace. As a part of our strong community, you will help the world move one step closer to a sustainable energy ecosystem.
You’ll love this role if you...
- Are passionate about the environment and are excited to build sustainable solutions for the cleantech industry!
- Are a self-starter, active learner, and want to make a positive impact on the world.
- Love building and creating systems with your hands-on skills.
We strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous, minorities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
What you'll be working on:
- Assembling, wiring, and crimping harnesses to be installed in the product
- Soldering, inspection, and rework of SMT and through-hole components on PCBs
- Perform quality inspections, part assessments, and process improvements in the manufacturing pipeline
- Log and maintain inventory of production-related components
- Support test bench development and implementation of safety circuitry
- Support other teams such as Mechanical, Supply Chain, Logistics, as needed
Like the rest of the Moment Team, you will benefit from:
- 37.5 hour flexible work hours week
- Parent-friendly schedule
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus 1 week off between Christmas and New Year's
- Extended health, dental, and vision benefits plan
- Unlimited paid sick days
- Regular company socials, events and weekly fitness and yoga
- Free electric vehicle charging
- Open and collaborative company culture!