MistyWest is an innovative, fun, daring company with an extraordinary work environment in Mount Pleasant. We thrive in an ambitious environment where your ideas and initiative supersede your job title. We offer a job that gives you freedom, flexibility, and a supportive growth environment.
We are a dynamic design & engineering consultancy with a mission to collaborate on positive impact projects in areas such as consumer products, evolving technology, sustainable energy and health sciences. We are looking for someone who is energetic and outgoing to bring in new leads to the business.
You will work closely with the rest of the sales and marketing team to find leads for engineering projects at companies that are developing positive-impact technology. Activities will include engaging large companies, universities, venture funds, incubators, and startups, as well as attending local and international technology conferences to grow your network and actively seek clients. You will help build and implement strategy around seeking out new clients, initiating contact, assessing relationship fit, and crafting suitable pitch materials.
We are looking for an individual to contribute to the growth of the firm. You are independent and resourceful, thrive in a small company, and are looking to be a partner in a growing firm. You have a love for meeting new people and are able to build relationships to drive business goals. You thrive in a fast-paced, highly social environment that demands rigorous attention to detail and awareness of organizational politics with both clients and partners. A passion for technology and associated trends is required.
- 3 to 5 years of business development or sales in a technical industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in science, math, engineering, computer science, or physics (or other, but with a strong technology interest)
- Experience in client-facing roles in engineering or technical disciplines
- Knowledge and experience with business strategy implementation and relationship building
- Demonstrable record of increasing revenue through lead generation
- Ability to function independently with little supervision as well as working effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Well organized and able to manage a variety of active customer engagements concurrently
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally on occasion
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience in project management and market analysis
- Experience selling engineering & design services
- Experience organizing and hosting networking events
- Experience crafting proposals, capability statements and presentations
- Well-connected and active in the tech and innovation community
Please submit your resume, description of past work as a PDF or personal website, and a suitable picture of a baby animal in a hat. Applicants without this will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.