Locker Room Supervisor
Position Available: Locker Room Supervisor
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling, tennis, fitness, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
The Locker Room Supervisor will be responsible for providing consistently high levels of service to all Members and guests to ensure an enjoyable experience. The supervisor will be responsible for recruitment, training, development, coaching, and supervision of Locker Room Attendants on an ongoing basis. Furthermore, he/she will perform locker room duties which include ordering supplies, laundry, scheduling, and general cleaning duties.
o Provide professional, responsive and friendly service to members and guests
o Assess inventory and order supplies as needed
o Create biweekly schedules while evaluating staffing needs
o Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the Club’s shuttle van (i.e. regularly scheduled maintenance, coil changes, brakes, etc.)
o Participate in the recruitment and selection of new staff members
o Contribute to the initial and ongoing training and development of Locker Room Attendants
o Clean and polish golf shoes and place in shoe drawers
o Ensure guest lockers are set up properly, clean and tidy and emptied when not in use
o Responsible for laundering hand and shower towels – fold and store in appropriate locations
o Perform general cleaning duties, including vacuuming, dusting surfaces,
o Handle requests and complaints with professionalism and tact
o Maintain a safe and clean locker room environment
o Follow all Health & Safety policies and locker room / service procedures & standards
· Pleasant, respectful and professional when communicating with others
· 3-5 years’ experience in a locker room supervisor role
· Club experience an asset
· Physical strength to lift up to 20 lbs.
· Commitment to delivering exceptional service – courteous and friendly
· Commitment to teamwork and cooperation
· Ability to create and maintain schedules for staff members
· Effectively follow established health & safety / Club guidelines and policies
· Contribute to a positive work environment and demonstrate a positive attitude
· Work in an efficient manner while managing multiple tasks and priorities
· Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
· Able to effectively communicate with co-workers, Members and guests
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.