Position Available: Human Resources Assistant
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking a Full-Time Human Resources Assistant to support the Director of Human Resources with day to day Human Resources functions, which include: full cycle recruitment, new hire set up and onboarding, employee file maintenance, monthly reporting, training and development, health and safety, policy maintenance and development and special projects as assigned.
Recruitment/New Hire Processing
· Assist with all recruitment initiatives
· Liaise with various Universities, Colleges and utilize alternative recruiting methods
· When necessary Assist Hiring Managers with the development of Job Descriptions, Post vacancies on job posting forums, including colleges and universities sites, screen and short list resumes, conduct telephone and face to face interviews
· Conduct background and reference checks
· With the assistance of the Director of Humans Resources, prepare employment agreements and send out to the incumbent including onboarding documents
· Accurately collect all onboarding documents, including tax forms for payroll purposes and ensure that all new hire information is captured in Jonas Club Management System
· Serve as a point person for all new employee questions relating to onboarding
· Prepare new employee files
· Maintain all employee files and update changes as required
· Assist with ensuring that vacation and sick time are tracked in Jonas
· Prepare all employee information for entry into Jonas for employees on the biweekly pay schedule.
· Maintain current HR files and databases
· Update and maintain employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
· Maintain records related to employee relations, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
· Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
· Perform payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
· Perform payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
· Complete termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
Health and Safety
· Transcribe, post and distribute monthly Health and Safety inspection report and action items to staff
· Attend quarterly Joint Health and Safety meetings: take minutes and circulate to the team
· Update the Health and Safety board and ensure that: monthly inspections, action items, ministry documents and new policies are posted and up to date
· Standardize job description and job postings as directed
· Create documents and update forms as needed
· Collect and maintain all documents for summer government subsidy programs
· As directed, maintain new hire orientation documents, policies and procedures and employee handbook
· With the assistant of the Director of Human Resources receive and report on all employee incidents and assist with WSIB Form 7 submittal
· Prepare reports: attendance, birthdays, service years, turnover and vacation, legislated training hours for new staff
· Perform all administrative tasks including filing, mailing etc. and other related tasks assigned by the Director of Human Resources
· 1-2 years of administration or HR experience
· Basic knowledge of Employment Standards
· Excellent interpersonal and written skills
· Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or related field
· Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate with team members and share information with other departments
· Ability to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment
· Strong commitment to professional and responsive service with the ability to deal effectively and professionally with difficult individuals
· Communicates effectively, ensuring all details and related logistics are communicated to the appropriate individuals / departments
· Proactively identify problems and innovates solutions to challenging situations
· Superior organizational skills to manage tight timelines and conflicting priorities
· Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
· Knowledge of updated relevant labor legislations, ESA, OHSA, WSIB and AODA is an asset
· Advanced computer proficiency – Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point), email / internet and employee record management systems
· Able to maintain confidentiality / privacy of information
· Self – motivated with the ability to take initiative and be resourceful
· Strong verbal communication skills – written and verbal
· Knowledge of the golf industry an asset
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our Club Sponsored events and activities
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top course
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to Nilsa Basilio, Director of Human Resources - Include " Human Resources Assistant” in the subject line.
No telephone calls please!
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.