Position Available: Course and Grounds Team Member
(Full Time- Seasonal)
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking dedicated and hardworking Course and Grounds Team Members (Seasonal- Full time) to join our dynamic and fun team. This position is responsible for ensuring the golf course, grounds, greens, and gardens are maintained to the highest standard during the golf season. You will be exposed to many facets of our operation in helping exceed the standards of the membership.
- Assist in the maintenance of the greens, tees and fairways
- Assist in the maintenance of newly renovated bunkers (raking, blowing, weeding, mowing/trimming)
- Operate and maintain a variety of small and large equipment: mowers, tractors / implements, utility/golf carts, aerifiers, string trimmers, blowers, fly mows, golf carts and other landscape equipment
- Ensure your equipment, tools, work environment and maintenance facility are cleaned to department standards
- Report equipment issues/failures to the Equipment Manager and/or supervisor immediately
- Assist with project work and help with soil preparation / sodding
- Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Experience in golf course maintenance / landscaping is an asset, but not required
- Comfortable working under extremely warm conditions during the summer months (consecutive days of 30’ or above) and extremely cold conditions during the winter months (consecutive days of below 0’ and below)
- Strong work ethic – hard working, always available, good attitude, teamwork and cooperation skills
- Effective communication skills – listening, understanding, and responding
- Commitment to working in a safe manner
- Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift and carry up to 50lbs, move and push objects weighing up to 75 pounds and to lift, and move and carry objects weighing more than 75 pounds with assistance
- 40+ hours/week as well as every second weekend (mornings only)
- Overtime and flexible hours may be required during peak times or as directed by the Assistant Superintendent
- Hours vary from 5:00 a.m. to sunset or later
- Weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays required as per scheduling
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our Club Sponsored events and activities
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top course
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.