Mississaugua Golf & Country Club (MGCC), one of Canada’s premier private all-season golf clubs, is seeking a Fitness Manager to manage our newly built fitness center.
One of Canada’s oldest and most storied golf clubs, MGCC has embraced change over the years to meet members’ evolving needs and expectations, and to attract new members. We are committed to remaining true to our traditional values while continuously evolving to stay current within the changing private club market.
Under the supervision and direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Fitness Manager will perform his/her duties to ensure the overall operation and management in the Fitness Center runs efficiently and productively. The incumbent will also provide various health and fitness service and programs to members in a friendly, outgoing and professional manner to enhance the member’s experience with the fitness facilities at Mississaugua Golf and Country Club.
Fitness and Administrative Responsibilities
· Develop and deliver a variety of events and programs that will improve the participation and enjoyment of the members and further market the fitness facilities to the general population.
· Handle member complaints and questions relating to the Fitness department to ensure all members are absolutely satisfied with the Club’s services.
· Prepare annual operating and payroll budgets as well as the capital budget for review and approval by the board. Monitor throughout the year to ensure they are met.
· Provide educational wellness advice to members that will help improve the health of members.
· Lead a team of qualified fitness professionals that will provide sessions and lessons for all age groups and gender including men, women and children.
· Monitor trends in the fitness industry to ensure the Club is providing high quality fitness facilities and service to members and keep current with these trends.
· Evaluate the overall fitness center on an ongoing basis and recommend methods of improving the facilities in the center.
· Maintain high level of communication with members regarding various information relating to the fitness center including scheduling, programs and upcoming events using various mediums (e-blasts, posters, social media, videos, etc.)
· Carry out duty as a personal trainer at member’s request and provide various training advice and assistance to ensure the member is given the best service possible which will not interfere with management responsibilities and service to members.
· Ensure all staff/subcontractors are fully aware and agree to the Club’s code of conduct, operating procedures, policies and rules and regulations of the Fitness Center and Club.
· Perform various administrative duties related to the fitness department including but not limited to billing of members, invoicing and registration for fitness classes, maintaining accurate statistics in a timely fashion, ensuring contracts for all subcontractors are in place and current as well as personal liability insurance documents, certifications and background checks with the assistance of the Director of Human Resources.
· Liaise with the Human Resources department to help recruit, train and retain highly skilled staff that will provide professional service to members in all areas in the Fitness Department.
· Respond to emergency that may arise in the Fitness Department when required including providing information to emergency personnel or performing CPR.
· Post-Secondary education (College/University) in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics and/or Bachelor of Science is an asset.
· Minimum of at 5 years of experience in Health and Fitness is required.
· 3 years in a Management/Supervisory position in the field is required.
· Strong leadership with the ability to delegate, establish work priorities, train and motivate employees.
· Working knowledge and training on all health & safety standards.
· Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
At MGCC we offer an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience. Interested individuals are invited to send their detailed resume and credentials in strict confidence to Nilsa Basilio, Human Resources Director at email@example.com by September 21st. 2018.
MGCC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. All responses will be held in strict confidence. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.