GreensFull TimeMississauga, ON
Position Available: Irrigation Specialist
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness, and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings, and various social events and functions.
As a senior member of the Course and Grounds team, the Irrigation Specialist’s primary role is to oversee the maintenance and effective operation of the irrigation system, its related components, and to provide insight on the day to day operation of the Course and Grounds department. Through technical expertise and leadership, you will ensure that the irrigation system is being maintained to the highest standard in the business.
- Monitor day-to-day operations of the irrigation system (golf course, tennis, landscapes), pump house and related components.
- Perform routine troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs (heads, valves, pipes, quick couplers, wiring, etc.)
- Continually monitor heads for proper operation including spray pattern, spinning, and weeping.
- Level irrigation heads and valve boxes on an ongoing basis
- Update irrigation software with head changes, flow, etc.
- Hand water as required and operating heads in areas requiring additional water.
- Manage soil sensors, weather station, and GPS cart software
- Safely operate a variety of light and heavy golf course equipment.
- Liaise with appropriate consultants.
- Perform other duties as required by the Senior Assistant Superintendent.
- Related education an asset.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Effective communication skills – listening, understanding, responding.
- Irrigation experience / knowledge of underground sprinkler system repair, operation and maintenance techniques an asset.
- Experience in the safe operation of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Heavy equipment operation an asset.
- Computer and electrical skills are an asset.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform high quality work.
You will enjoy working at MGCC because
- We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
- Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
- Professional development funds to help expand your knowledge and career aspirations
- Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
- Participate in our comprehensive group benefits program
- Build your future income security through participation in our Pension program
- Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team!
- Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
- Join our Perks Program through Perkopolis and receive great savings
- Enjoy your Birthday off with pay
- Achieve your fitness goals in a supportive environment by joining our Staff Boot Camp classes.
- The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.