Locker Room Attendant (Seasonal)
Position Available: Men’s Locker Room Attendant (Seasonal)
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,500 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking a seasonal Men’s Locker Room Attendant to join our team. The Men’s Locker Room Attendant will be responsible for providing consistently high levels of service to all Members and guests to ensure an enjoyable experience.
· Provide professional, responsive and friendly service to members and guests
· Clean and polish golf shoes and place in shoe drawers
· Ensure guest lockers are set up properly, clean and tidy and emptied when not in use
· Perform general cleaning duties, including vacuuming, dusting surfaces, cleaning washrooms, including toilets, showers, mirrors, counters, wash towels, empty garbage’s etc.
· Ensure all locker room items and amenities are stocked at all times
· Handle requests and complaints with professionalism and tact. Take action if possible or escalate to management
· Maintain a safe and clean locker room environment
· Follow all Health & Safety policies and locker room / service procedures & standards
· Normal physical activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting and the use of basic motor skills
· Physical strength to lift up to 20 lbs
· Frequent repetitive movements – twisting, bending, carrying etc.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Pleasant, respectful and professional when communicating with others
· Commitment to delivering exceptional service – courteous and friendly
· Commitment to teamwork and cooperation
· Effectively follow established health & safety / Club guidelines and policies
· Contribute to a positive work environment and demonstrate a positive attitude
· Work in an efficient manner while managing multiple tasks and priorities
· Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
· Able to effectively communicate with co-workers, Members and guests
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
· Achieve your fitness goals in a supportive environment by joining our Staff Boot Camp classes
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided upon hire
• Covid-19 guidelines and precautionary measures in place
• Social distancing guidelines in place and adhered to
• Virtual meetings encouraged
• Sanitization, disinfecting, cleaning procedures and mask wear policies in place
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.