Course and Grounds Team Member (Full-time / Part-time Seasonal)
Position available: Course and Grounds Team Member (Full-time / Part-time Seasonal)
Do you want to work with a fun team? Do you want daily cardio and exercise while being in a positive work environment? Look no further! This opportunity is for you.
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking dedicated and hardworking Course and Grounds Team Members (Full-time / Part-time Seasonal) to join our dynamic and fun team. This position is responsible for ensuring the golf course, grounds, greens, and gardens are maintained to the highest standard during the golf season. You will be exposed to many facets of our operation in helping exceed the standards of the membership.
- Assist in the maintenance of the greens, tees and fairways
- Assist in the maintenance of newly renovated bunkers (raking, blowing, weeding, mowing/trimming)
- Operate and maintain a variety of small and large equipment: mowers, tractors/implements, utility/golf carts, aerifiers, string trimmers, blowers, fly mows, golf carts and other landscape equipment
- Ensure your equipment, tools, work environment and maintenance facility are cleaned to department standards
- Report equipment issues/failures to the Equipment Manager and/or supervisor immediately
- Assist with project work and help with soil preparation / sodding
- Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Experience in golf course maintenance/landscaping is an asset, but not required
- Comfortable working under extremely warm conditions during the summer months (consecutive days of 30˚ or above) and extremely cold conditions during the fall/winter months (consecutive days of below 0˚and below)
- Strong work ethic – hard-working, flexible availability, good attitude, teamwork and cooperation skills
- Effective communication skills – listening, understanding, and responding
- Commitment to working in a safe manner
- Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift and carry up to 50lbs, move and push objects weighing up to 75 pounds and to lift, and move and carry objects weighing more than 75 pounds with assistance
- Full-time (40+hours) and part-time (10-30+ hours) positions available
- Overtime and flexible hours may be required during peak times or as directed by the Assistant Superintendent
- Hours vary from 5:00 a.m. to sunset or later
- Weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays required as per scheduling
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer, and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
At Mississaugua Golf & Country Club we are committed to keeping our employees and Members safe while at the Club. In light of COVID-19, we will continue to follow the advice of Public Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) to minimize the spread of the virus and ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees and Members. Safety is our highest priority, and we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews. If an interview is to be conducted in person, the candidate will be contacted with pre-screening questions and COVID-19 Protocols.
We are excited to connect with you virtually and look forward to receiving your application.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided upon hire
• Covid-19 guidelines and precautionary measures in place
• Social distancing guidelines in place and adhered to
• Virtual meetings encouraged
• Sanitization, disinfecting, cleaning procedures and mask wear policies in place