BarFull TimeMississauga, ON
Position Available: Beverage Manager
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Services Manager, the Bar Manager provides leadership and support to the dining, bar and banquet operations of the Club; including all related events/ daily dining and people management responsibilities. It is important to note, that this role is very hands-on, rather than administrative.
· Ensure professional, responsive and friendly service to members & guests
· Provide leadership to the overall operations of the food and beverage services to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
· Demonstrate complete and accurate knowledge of the full menu, wine and drink list, dessert menu, specials and buffet items
· Implement cost controls and measures and oversee cleanliness of all bars
· Assist the Beverage purchaser with the management of inventory and purchase of all bar offerings
· As required negotiate supplier contracts and make the best decision for the Club
· Actively ensures compliance with alcohol serving regulations.
Floor Support and Management
· Develop and foster a stellar team by assisting in training, motivation and performance management of employees in an effort to ensure high levels of satisfaction
· Respond to all employee and member inquiries, complaints and issues with a sense of urgency
· Handle complaints with professionalism and tact. Take action if possible or escalate to management
· Ensure appropriate room set up and that food and beverages are being served in a professional and timely manner by circulating within the venue, overseeing table maintenance and communicating with the kitchen and dining staff
· Make certain members are accurately charged for all items ordered and come to a mutually beneficial resolution to any discrepancies
· Enforce all Health & Safety policies, Club policy and dining room / service procedures & standards, alcohol serving policy
· Demonstrate a commitment to professional development by attending courses, conferences and representing the Club at external events
· Perform other duties as requested by the F&B Services Manager and Clubhouse Manager
o 3+ years of related experience in a high-end, upscale restaurant/hospitality environment
o Experience in a private Club environment a definite asset
o Diploma in Hospitality / Food & Beverage Management
o People management experience
o Smart Serve certification and Administration skills
o Working knowledge of Point of Sale system (POS)
o Experience with chit orders and banquets
o Business savvy with an in-depth understanding of all aspects of F&B management
o Understanding of labour cost structures and cost control measures
o Committed to operating within budget and spotting cost saving opportunities
o Solid knowledge of WHMIS, first aid, health & safety and sanitation standards
o Positive, engaging and dynamic personality with a strong sense of humour
o Focused on delivering top notch service to members, guests & internal stakeholders
o Strong leadership skills to motivate, lead by example and create a positive workplace
o Demonstrated ability to delegate responsibilities and set work priorities / schedules
o Strong impact and influence powers to creatively solve problems and resolve conflict
o Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with members/guests, suppliers and team
o Juggling skills to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and meet tight/conflicting deadlines
o Flexibility to respond to changes in demands and address special requests on short notice
o Excellent interpersonal communication – verbal and written
o Act as a highly visible ambassador for the Club by projecting a positive & professional image
Annual Salary Range: $47,000 - $52,000
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided upon hired
- Covid-19 guidelines and precautionary measures in place
- Social distancing guidelines in place and adhered to
- Virtual meetings encouraged
- Sanitization, disinfecting, cleaning procedures and mask wear policies in place
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.