Events and Catering Coordinator
AdministrativeFull TimeMississauga, ON
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling, tennis and fitness, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking an experienced, creative and self-motivated Events and Catering Coordinator to join our Events and Catering Department as soon as possible. The Catering & Events Coordinator is responsible for the successful planning and execution of events, in accordance with the Club’s high standards. As the key liaison between members/guests and the Club’s various departments, this position coordinates and contracts event space, arranges event details, and maintains budgeted revenues.
· Responsible for achieving catering revenue targets and maximizing event space/function room capacities
· Accountable for booking and increasing event business through the development of new business, retention of previous business and active follow up of existing inquiries and leads
· Quote and negotiate pricing within established parameters and process contracts
· Maximize event success by assisting event organizers with menu selection, room arrangements and recommending other services based on anticipating needs, and recognizing opportunities to up-sell
· Collaborate with other departments (kitchen, dining room etc.) to ensure all aspects of the event and any changes are communicated to the appropriate individuals/teams
· Create event budget, manage against the budget and report event profit/loss figures
· Assist in the coordination of annual / regular Club events including wine dinners, Christmas parties, mother & daughter tea, Family Bingo, holiday parties, employee events etc.
· Design creative communications, including; event marketing kits/packages, posters, signage, menus, invitations etc.
· Ensure that appropriate space is blocked to maximize sales potential, accommodate guest's requirements and minimize labour costs
· Source and maintain strong relationships with reliable and cost-effective suppliers i.e. music and entertainment, flowers, linens & decorations etc.
· Communicate and organize any special arrangements upon client's request
· Promote and sell club food and beverage services by responding to member and non-member inquiries.
· Respond to seasonal fluctuation in business with appropriate volume of sales activity including networking, communications to target markets and lead lists
· 3+ years of catering / events planning experience + Events Management Certificate
· Experience in the Private Club culture is an asset
· Wedding planner certification an asset
· Knowledge and passion for providing exceptional experience, including effective menu design and events that elicit a “wow”
· Strong negotiation skills to ensure client needs/expectations are met and exceeded while maximizing revenues and spotting up-sell opportunities
· Collaborate with team members and share information with other departments
· Ability to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment
· Strong commitment to professional and responsive service with the ability to deal effectively and professionally with difficult individuals
· Communicates effectively, ensuring all details and related logistics are communicated to the appropriate individuals / departments ensuring a seamless event
· Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal & external stakeholders
· Proactively identify problems and innovates solutions to challenging situations
· Superior organizational skills to manage tight timelines and conflicting priorities
· Focused on delivering high levels of member service and responds to all inquiries/requests in a professional manner and with a sense of urgency
· Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry practices, methods and techniques
· Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
· Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
· Advanced computer proficiency – Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point), email / internet and membership database programs (Jonas)
· Able to maintain confidentiality / privacy of information
· Full time hours to meet business demands – Flexibility required to work evenings, weekends and public holidays/ event days
Perks and Benefits
· Team oriented environment
· Competitive compensation
· Comprehensive group benefits program
· Matched pension plan
· Professional development funds
· Paid vacation and sick days
· Clothing and cell phone allowance
· Flexible work schedule
· Daily staff meals as taxable benefit
Interested individuals are invited to send their detailed resume and credentials in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 24, 2020.
MGCC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. All responses will be held in strict confidence. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.