Busser (Full-time / year-round)
Dining RoomFull TimeMississauga, ON
Position Available: Busser (Full-time year-round)
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
This position is responsible for performing various tasks that ensure the smooth operation of the food and beverage operation.
Follow all Health & Safety policies and dining room / service procedures & standards Ensure dirty dishes/plates, cutlery, glassware and condiments are cleared efficiently from tables in a prompt manner
· Prepare and refill condiments, bread/butter baskets, water jugs and coffee
· Assist in the set up and take down of the room, including moving tables, chairs and place settings
· Provide courteous service to members upon sitting at the table, including; pouring water and providing bread/butter
· Perform cleaning duties including sweeping & mopping floors, wiping all counter and cupboard surfaces and cleaning the fridge, sink and coffee pots and warmers
· Assist the wait staff when required
· Follow all Health & Safety and Club policies and procedures
· Ensure all work areas are always kept clean, neat and sanitary
· Complete other duties as requested
· Experience in a fast-paced, food & beverage service / hospitality environment
· Successful completion of Smart Serve training
· Pleasant, respectful and professional when communicating with others
· Commitment to delivering exceptional service – courteous and friendly
· Commitment to teamwork and cooperation
· Effectively follow established health & safety / dining room guidelines and policies
· Contribute to a positive work environment and demonstrate a positive attitude
· Work in an efficient manner while managing multiple tasks and priorities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with diverse people, including kitchen and dining staff
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
· Participate in our comprehensive group benefits program
· Build your future income security through participation in our Pension program
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team!
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
· Achieve your fitness goals in a supportive environment by joining our Staff Boot Camp classes.
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Please note that the Club has a no gratuity policy; therefore tipping is prohibited. The Club pays its Food and Beverage service staff wage rates that are higher than the hospitality industry standards for gratuity earning employees. Admin Fees on Member chits are used to defray these higher wage rates.