Crew Captain (Full-time or Part-time / Seasonal)
Golf Operations Crew Captain (Full-time or Part-time / Seasonal)
We are looking for eager, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our fun and dynamic team. This position is seasonal with a tentative start date of May 1st (weather dependent). Applicants must be able to work until the last week of August.
If you are a hard worker, dependable and passionate about providing superior service, we would love to hear from you!
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens. Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor style Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
Ideally suited for an individual with leadership experience in a team environment. Previous golf course and customer service experience an asset. Must possess the ability to lead a team through daily golf course operations and be able to provide examples of team leadership.
· Follow MG&CC Standard Operating Procedures as laid out on SOP Board
· Follow all Health and Safety Policies of MG&CC
· Work in a manner that adheres to the MG&CC Core Values Double check that all daily tasks have been completed as laid out on the daily checklists, including Range Opening and Closing, Golf Operations Opening and Closing, Cart Storage Closing, Tournament Day
· Provide the highest levels of service to members and guests and anticipate needs Commitment to working in a safe manner at all times- able to lift up to 50lbs
· Lead by example and complete every task in its entirety while taking pride in their work
· Ensure all Golf Operations Staff arrive on time and know their daily assignments
· Lead by example; greet members using their names, meet and exceed member and guest expectations, adhere to all member and guest requests
· Comfortable with working under extreme weather conditions, including; hot and cold temperatures, high winds, extreme rainfalls, lightning
· Experience in the safe operation of motorized vehicles – Golf Carts, Range Tractor
· Motivate fellow team members
· Delegate tasks accordingly
· Perform Golf Operations duties – bag storage, club cleaning, pulling clubs from racks, cars and placing on appropriate transportation, washing and drying dirty towels, maintaining lost and found, keeping back shop clean at all times, ensuring constant supply of divot mix
· Check that all Golf Operations Staff are wearing a complete uniform including name tag, radio & head set
· Ensure all Golf Operations Team Members have completed all assigned duties for the day
· Work alongside the Professional Staff with tournament day operations: lead Golf Operations Team through set up
· Staging of golf carts and golf bags in a neat and orderly fashion in the applicable areas
· Double check daily set up of cart staging, push carts, sand bottles etc.
· Keeping track of guest golf bags and making sure they are returned to the correct owner
· Maintain communication with the Professional Shop and starter
· All workstations to be kept in a clean manner and safe working condition
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Staff uniform provided
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
· Achieve your fitness goals in a supportive environment by joining our Staff Boot Camp classes
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.