Golf Operations Team Member (Full-time or Part-time / Seasonal)
Golf Operations Team Members (Full-time or Part-time / Seasonal)
We are looking for eager, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our fun and dynamic team. This position is seasonal with a tentative start date of May 1st (weather dependent). Applicants must be able to work until the last week of August.
If you are a hard worker, dependable and passionate about providing superior service, we would love to hear from you!
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
This full-time or part-time seasonal Golf Operations Team Member position is responsible for assisting with the Pro Shop operations and ensuring members & guests receive the highest level of professional service.
· Greet members and guests in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner – direct guests to the appropriate locations or staff
· Perform back shop duties – bag storage, club cleaning, pulling clubs from racks, cars and putting on appropriate transportation, washing and drying dirty towels, lost and found, keeping back shop clean at all times, ensuring constant supply of divot mix
· Golf Carts – towing, staging, loading (bags, towels, scorecard, pencils), cleaning, charging, parking in cart storage, driving to 10th tee (half way house)
· Range operations – set up and take down, ensure adequate supply of clean golf balls, pick range as necessary, Sunday night clean picks, proper operation of range tractors
· Short Game Area – Set up and take down, observe area throughout day, clean off green and bunkers as need be (more during busier times)
· Assist with Tournament set up and execution – work alongside professional staff
· Keep in constant communication with the pro shop, starter and inside staff
· Performs other duties as directed by the Back-Shop Manager
· Follow all Health & Safety policies and procedures as well as MG&CC and Pro Shop policies
· Must possess strong work ethic – hard working, enthusiastic, self-motivated, positive attitude teamwork skills
· Comfortable with working under extreme weather conditions, including; hot and cold temperatures, high winds, extreme rainfalls, lightning
· Effective communication skills – listening, understanding and responding
· Commitment to working in a safe manner at all times- able to lift up to 50lbs
· Provide the highest levels of service to members and guests and anticipate needs
· Previous golf course experience is an asset
· Experience in the safe operation of motorized vehicles – Golf Carts, Range Tractor
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Staff uniform provided
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
· Achieve your fitness goals in a supportive environment by joining our Staff Boot Camp classes
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.