Halfway House Attendant (Full-time Seasonal)
Position Available: Halfway House Attendant
We are looking for eager, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our fun and dynamic team. This position is seasonal with a tentative start date of May 1st (weather dependent). Applicants must be able to work until the last week of August.
If you are a hard worker, dependable and passionate about providing superior service, we would love to hear from you!
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking full-time seasonal Halfway House Attendants to join our dynamic team.
• Provide professional, responsive and friendly food & beverage service to members and guests
• Prepare, cook and serve food, snack and beverage products efficiently and accurately
• Maintain security of the halfway house during shift
• Ensure the patio tables / chairs are cleaned and set up appropriately
• Stock food, beverage, condiment and plates/utensils/cups and other supplies
• Spot opportunities to increase revenues through upselling
• Handle complaints with professionalism and tact. Take action if possible or escalate to the Executive Chef
• Maintain a safe and clean environment – take out garbage/recyclables, sweep and mop floors,, ensure all dishes, fridge and machines are clean, all surfaces are wiped and all equipment is turned off at shift end of shift
• Ensure all food and beverage items are rotated to optimize freshness, handled safely and stored at the required temperatures
• Ensure all members are accurately charged for their chits, create a summary and end of shift report. Place all chits at the main bar for processing
• Follow all Health & Safety policies and F&B / service procedures & standards
• Complete other duties as requested
• 2+ years’ experience leading an upscale restaurant service line
• Completion of apprenticeship program
• Experience in a private Club environment a definite asset
• Smart Serve Certification, Food Safety Certification
• Advanced cooking skills and techniques
• Experience in banquet, a-la-carte and catering environments
• Proven experience in maintaining high standards of quality and productivity in the kitchen
• Highly organized with a strong focus and commitment to quality
• Teamwork and cooperation to assist others to get the job done
• Hardworking and reliable
• Working knowledge and training on all health & safety standards and sanitation standards ie. Food Safe, WHMIS, Health and Safety Policies, food-handling techniques
• Contribute to a positive work environment and demonstrate a positive attitude
• Work in an efficient manner while managing multiple tasks and priorities
• Consultative skills for identifying and communicating continuous improvement opportunities
• Flexibility to adapt to changing demands
• Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with diverse people, including kitchen and dining staff
• Ability to respond quickly to issues and make effective decisions under pressure
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
• We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity to work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
• Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
• Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
• Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
• Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
• The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.