Assistant Golf Professional (Full-time Seasonal)
Pro-ShopFull TimeMississauga, ON
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year round private club that offers golf, curling and tennis, dining, fitness and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
The successful applicant will be an energetic and enthusiastic individual, committed to long term career development. A positive, professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills will allow you to assist our members and their guests with the highest levels of customer service on a daily basis.
An astute attention to detail will separate this individual from the other candidates. He or she will be a senior member of our Professional Staff and will be challenged in all the facets of our operation. This is an ideal opportunity for any individual who desires to become a Head Golf Professional, while developing into a future leader within the industry.
o Provide memorable experiences for Member & Guests on a daily basis
o Assist & oversee the daily operations of the Golf Operations Team
o Actively involved in Retail Operation (receiving, inventory, special orders and returns)
o Support & assist with all Club events as well as weekly Men’s & Ladies Days
o Conduct private lessons, assist with member clinics and junior camps
o Club fitting as well as minor club repair
o Maintain a high level of play, golfing with members of all ages and abilities
o Lead, support and encourage their fellow team members
o Complete other duties as requested
o Member in good standing of the PGA of Canada
o Bring 1-3 years of experience
o Post-secondary degree or working towards PGM college diploma
o Possess a desire to go above and beyond on a daily basis
o Strong communicator with excellent organizational skills
o Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
o Knowledge of Jonas POS, GGGolf Tee Sheet and Golf Genius TMS an asset
o Merchandise & Retail experience an asset
o Club repair, fitting, teaching & strong playing resume skills an asset
o Hardworking and reliable
o Shift work hours – days and afternoons on weekdays, weekends and public holidays
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
- We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
- Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
- Receive 95% of lesson revenues and 100 % of clinic revenues
- Participate in our comprehensive group benefits program (must work 9 months out of the year to be eligible)
- Build your future income security through participation in our Pension program (after 2 years of continuous service)
- Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
- Have fun with the MG&CC team at our Club Sponsored events and activities
- Staff uniform provided
- Playing package and the opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s oldest and most storied golf clubs.
- Achieve your fitness goals in a supportive environment by joining our Staff Boot Camp classes.
- End of season bonus as well as PGA of Canada dues paid
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.