Golf Shop Attendant (Full-time/ Part-time - Seasonal)
Pro-ShopFull TimeMississauga, ON
Golf Shop Attendant
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling, tennis and fitness, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is seeking a Golf Shop Attendant to join in the daily implementation and retail support in the Mississaugua Golf Shop. Working closely with the Retail & Merchandise Manager and Golf Professionals, the candidate will assist with daily operations, merchandising and member relations to ensure the golf department provides world class service.
· Provide professional, responsive and consistently high levels of service to our members and their guests
· Assist with merchandising the Golf Shop and engage member interaction, promoting daily floor sales in a clean, comfortable environment
· Perform daily opening/closing duties as assigned on an ongoing basis
· Assist members with booking tee times, answering questions and greeting members and guests
· Perform additional duties specified by the Golf Professionals. These could include event preparation and execution, registration/raffle sales and prize tables.
· Retail and merchandising experience an asset
· Golf knowledge an asset
· Excellent computer knowledge
· Working knowledge of Point of Sale system (POS) – Jonas an asset
· Demonstrated customer service orientation with a commitment to exceeding expectations
· Highly motivated with a desire to go above and beyond on a daily basis
· Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
· Commitment to teamwork and cooperation
· Effectively follow established Club guidelines and policies
· Contribute to a positive work environment and demonstrate a positive attitude
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
· Must be able to work weekday, weekends, holidays and a variety of early morning and late evening shifts
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
o We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
o Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
o Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
o Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
o The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.