Golf Course Starter
The Mississaugua Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s top private all-season golf clubs, with a diverse membership of 1,400 members and an outstanding Tier One golf course famous for its excellence. The Club has played host to numerous premier events, including six Canadian Opens.
Founded in 1906, MG&CC is a year-round private club that offers golf, curling, fitness tennis, dining and social amenities. Our Tudor style Clubhouse is a spectacular venue for casual and fine dining, banquets, weddings and various social events and functions.
This position is responsible for controlling pace of play on golf course by directing players to the first tee at appropriate times. This position is a part time seasonal role (Mon, Wed, Thurs and occasional weekends). Availability is required for the entire duration of the golf season, May to November.
· Provide information regarding course, play time and other golf-related issues
· Greet members and guests upon arrival
· Verify that all revenues have been properly recorded by inspecting receipts for all players before they depart to course, practice tee, or range
· Determine and track rate of course play
· Maintain clean and orderly appearance of starter’s area/booth at all times
· Assign starting times and arrange players in proper starting order
· Assign carts
· Assign caddies
· Supply players with score cards, pencils, and rules of play
· Advise players and caddies of golf course conditions
· Assist with golf event set up and execution
· Comfortable with working under extreme weather conditions, including; hot and cold temperatures, high winds, extreme rainfalls, lightning
· Experience in the safe operation of motorized vehicles – Golf Carts, Range Tractor
· Previous golf course experience is an asset
· Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Customer service experience
· Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team setting
· Standing and walking distances for extended periods of time
· Knowledge of the game of golf
You will enjoy working at MGCC because....
· We offer a team-oriented environment and the opportunity work with enthusiastic, service-oriented professionals
· Staff uniform provided
· Enjoy challenging work with lots of variety and opportunities to continuously learn and develop
· Experience a flexible work schedule that facilitates your work / life balance
· Enjoy delicious meals prepared fresh daily by our culinary team
· Have fun with the MG&CC team at our various Club sponsored events and activities
· The opportunity to play golf on one of Canada’s top courses!
1725 Mississauga Rd. (Mississauga Rd. & QEW) (Toronto, Canada Area)
**NOTE: MG&CC is not on a bus route. You must have reliable transportation.
MG&CC is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Mississaugua Golf and Country Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.