Delivery Driver (Pharmacy)
LogisticsFull TimeMississauga, ON
Full-Time Position: Delivery Driver
Position Requirement: Ontario Driver’s License (G Class)
Location: On-site, Mississauga
Hours: Monday-Friday 12pm - 8pm
Salary: Starting at $21.00 an hour
The delivery driver is responsible for safe and effective transport of medications to patient homes, commercial destinations, and medical clinics throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Drivers are assigned daily routes, starting off with loading packaged shipments in the morning and returning to the pharmacy by the end of the business day. The vehicles are compact cargo vans equipped with automatic transmissions. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a high level of service when interacting with external parties to represent the pharmacy in the best possible light.
MemberRx is an innovative pharmacy focused on supporting the complex health needs of Ontario’s education community. The pharmacy occupies an 8,000 square feet facility located just south of Toronto Pearson International Airport. We look to provide an elevated pharmacy offering while having a meaningful and measurable impact on health outcomes for Ontario’s educators.
The pharmacy will incorporate several elements from other pharmacy practice areas such as specialty, community, and long term care, to name a few. The initial focus will be on complex, specialty medications and then expanding into therapies for diabetes and related cardiovascular conditions. From the clinical perspective, the goal is to optimize patient therapies to elevate long-term health outcomes. The pharmacy also aims to provide timely medication delivery to minimize delays in treatment. You will be working alongside an expert team of pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, and logistical support staff to meet each of these objectives.
Success is measured by the patient experience, there are no two ways about it. This is where we believe having the right team in place is paramount to achieving our goals. Beyond simply education and experience, we are also seeking those who have a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. We hope that this speaks to you and would like to invite you to be a key part of our organization.
• Deliver packaged medications to patients across the Greater Toronto Area.
• Collect signatures upon delivery completion.
• Collect used containers and packages to be returned to the pharmacy.
• Load pharmacy packages into delivery vehiclesin preparation for delivery.
• Ensure delivery vehicles are kept in good working order.
• Address patient concerns regarding integrity of delivered products as necessary.
• Ability to operate a small cargo van equipped with automatic transmissions.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse set of professionals and flourish in a team environment.
• Self-directed to problem solve issues as they arise.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Capable of lifting boxes or materials up to 50 lbs.
• General competency with technology.
Education & Experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience delivering in the GTA area.
• Valid G-class driver’s license.
• Experience with operating compact cargo vans is strongly preferred (e.g., Ford Transit Connect, Nissan NV200, Ram Premasters).
• Competitive salary
• Competitive benefits package including drug, dental, vision & paramedical benefits, AD&D, and long-term disability
• Free on-site parking
MemberRx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
MemberRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform us within your application if you require any accommodations and every effort will be made to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.