Pharmacist (Specialty Pharmacy)
PharmacyFull TimeMississauga, ON
Full-Time Position: Pharmacist (Specialty Pharmacy)
Position Requirement: Licensed Pharmacist with Ontario College of Pharmacists
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm
We are looking for a clinical pharmacist to provide excellent pharmaceutical care along with strong customer service ability with a focus on specialty and diabetic therapies. The role would entail being able to provide counselling on new patient therapies, addressing patient questions or concerns, overseeing the dispensing process, and optimizing therapeutic outcomes.
MemberRx is an innovative pharmacy focused on supporting the complex health needs of Ontario’s education community. The pharmacy occupies an 8,000 square feet facility located just south of Toronto Pearson International Airport. We look to provide an elevated pharmacy offering while having a meaningful and measurable impact on health outcomes for Ontario’s educators.
The pharmacy will incorporate elements from other practice areas such as specialty, community, and long-term care, to name a few. The initial focus will be on complex, specialty medications and then expanding into therapies for diabetes and related cardiovascular conditions. From the clinical perspective, the goal is to elevate long-term health outcomes and to meaningfully impact quality of life by reviewing and optimizing medication therapy. The pharmacy also aims to provide timely medication delivery to minimize delays in treatment to enhance the member experience and promote therapeutic adherence. You will be working alongside an expert team of pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, and logistics staff to meet each of these objectives.
Success is measured by the member experience, there are no two ways about it. This is where we believe having the right team in place is paramount to achieving our goals. Beyond simply education and experience, we are also seeking those who have a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. We hope that this speaks to you and would like to invite you to be a key part of our organization.
• Ensuring that all prescriptions are dispensed in accordance with provincial regulations. This includes reviewing and interpreting physician orders, therapeutic assessment, packaging, and labelling of medication.
• Counselling of new patient therapies to provide patient education to promote safe and effective use of medicines.
• Interpret physician’s orders to ensure accurate medication dispensing.
• Communicate with patients, healthcare providers, and payors effectively by phone or email.
• Collaborate with prescribers to optimize drug therapy.
• Coordinate with patient assistant programs/FACET team to ensure the appropriate drug authorizations are in place for financial coverage.
• Assess the therapeutic appropriateness of prescription extensions for chronic therapies.
• Ensure that documentation of therapeutic care is detailed and accurate.
• Potential to provide expanded clinical services as part of the pharmacy offerings.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong documentation practices.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a diverse set of professionals and flourish in a team environment.
• Ability to engage in the problem-solving process to provide ideas and insight.
• Passion for high quality patient service.
• Ability to stay organized and manage time effectively.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Computer proficiency in working with Microsoft’s productivity suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Proficiency with Kroll pharmacy management system is strongly preferred.
• Competency with technology and its integration with pharmacy practice.
• Strong understanding of drug reimbursement models.
Education & Experience
• Degree in pharmacy (B.Sc. Phm or Pharm D).
• Licensed in good standing within Part A of the Ontario College of Pharmacists register.
• Two or more years of experience practising as a licensed pharmacist.
• Experience in specialty pharmacy experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Kroll and pharmacy automation technology is an asset.
• Competitive salary
• Performance bonuses
• Competitive benefits package including drug, dental, vision & paramedical benefits, AD&D, and long-term disability
• Annual Pharmacy License and Professional Liability Fee Reimbursement
• Free on-site parking
MemberRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform us within your application if you require any accommodations and every effort will be made to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.