Medical Records Processing Specialist (June-October Contract)
Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeKitchener, ON
**NOTE: TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT AN APPLICATION DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE : https://medchart.ca/careers
Medchart is building the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data, delivering unparalleled access to a comprehensive view of patient health. We are rapidly evolving our patient-centric, explicit consent-driven platform with unique machine learning capabilities to empower patients and their agents with new, actionable health insights.
What you’ll do:
As a Records Processing Specialist, you will play a critical role in our mission to provide patients with timely access to comprehensive health information. In this role, you will contact hospitals, doctors’ offices, labs, and other health care providers by phone, email, and fax to gather health records throughout North America. You will perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system, ensuring that we are providing accurate and complete records to our clients. The ideal candidate has strong oral and written communication skills, and is able to "think on your feet". You are a confident and motivated self-starter, and have a desire to bring positivity and a greatly rewarding experience to our clients. You thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented team setting, and are ready to take on the challenge of meeting and exceeding daily and weekly targets. You understand the importance of patient confidentiality and make it a top priority in everything you do.
- Make outbound calls to facilities, and healthcare providers
- Take inbound calls from facilities and health care providers to answer questions and provide excellent customer care
- Send health record requests via fax, email and or mail
- Handle provider complaints and provide appropriate solutions to ensure a timely response to record requests
- Upload correspondence, invoices, and records to the correct requests
- Complete quality assurance on health records
- Provide world-class customer service
- Maintain the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security
What you bring:
- 2-3 years of work experience in as a health information management specialist / law clerk / medical office assistant
- College diploma or higher
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk certification, or relevant work experience
- Recognition/Knowledge of medical terminology and health record documents
- Strong English communication skills
- Desire to work hard and be part of a growing company and winning team
- Demonstrate a history of accountability, reliability, and self-management
- Have high attention to detail and quality control
- Have excellent computer skills and ability to report bugs in the software
- Fluent in computer productivity software and internet research
What's in it for you?
MedChart is growing rapidly over the next 18 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive MedChart and influence the product, information architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact problems in an agile fast-paced environment. Finally, your opportunities for advancement and ownership will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America!
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Group benefits and flexible health & lifestyle spending accounts
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented start-up environment
- Frequent team lunches and social events
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.