Product DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is building the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data, delivering unparalleled access to a comprehensive view of patient information. We are rapidly evolving our patient-centric, explicit consent-driven platform with unique machine learning capabilities to empower patients and their agents with new, actionable health insights.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Medchart to drive the user experience and look and feel of Medchart products. As a part of an empowered product team, you will ensure product solutions are usable, including service design, interaction design, visual design, prototyping and user research. Additionally, you will play a key role in crafting the customer experience and determining the way to communicate the product vision. Our Product Designer will report directly to the Head of Product as a core member of our Product team.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research, and turn insights into delightful product experiences
- Identify new product improvement opportunities for assigned product teams
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Work closely with other design team members to continuously improve the design system
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication
- Work with design tools such Figma, XD, InVision, etc
- Stay up to date on current industry trends
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of exposure to end-to-end design work
- 2+ years of experience collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, and cross-functionally partnering with teams across the company on end-to-end product development process
- Proficiency in iterating at low fidelity with sketches and wireframes of workflows and in translating those into high-fidelity using tools like Sketch or Figma
- Proven experience managing ambiguous problems effectively (ability to ask questions, process info and formulate ideas), and able to move from ideation to concept quickly
- Ability to organize, collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Certification from accredited schools or organizations
- Demonstrated behaviors that reinforce Medchart values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Based in Toronto/Waterloo, Canada; Texas, USA; or remote applicants also welcome
- Experience building or redefining design systems
What Medchart Offers
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact at an early-stage technology company focused on solving critically important and valuable consumer healthcare data challenges
- Amazing culture powered by an inspired, highly-collaborative team that believes in Medchart core values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Excellent visibility, growth, and personal development potential, working closely with company founders and executive leadership
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits in a rapidly-growing, mission-driven early stage company
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.