People Operations Manager
Business OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is building the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data, delivering unparalleled access to a comprehensive view of patient health. We are rapidly evolving our patient-centric, explicit consent-driven platform with unique machine learning capabilities to empower patients and their agents with new, actionable health insights.
We’re looking for a People Operations Manager to support Medchart’s leadership team and employees by driving initiatives that impact employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, talent management, performance management, operational efficiency, and culture. The People Operations Manager acts as a trusted advisor providing guidance and support to assigned teams on all areas of the employee experience. Our People Operations Manager will report to the Director of People Operations as a core member of our People Operations team.
- Respond to day-to-day general inquiries regarding HR Policies and Procedures and refer issues within the HR team as appropriate
- Execute full-cycle recruitment for non-technical roles
- Set up payroll through ADP and address any employee payroll discrepancies
- Handle Extended Health Benefits administrative duties including enrollment and addressing employee concerns
- Plan, develop, and execute various programs to engage and retain top talent
- Participate in and coordinate onboarding, orientation, and training for new employees
- Continue to build Medchart’s culture by being a role model of our values, implementing innovative programs and opportunities that nurture employee engagement
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, partnering with the legal resources as needed/required
- Conduct investigations of complaints, write reports, accurately compile documentation, and take any necessary actions including liaising with legal counsel as required
- Other tasks and projects as appropriate to support the growth of the company
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, human or social sciences degree, business management degree or related education (required)
- 3-5 years experience with proven success in a people operations or HR role in a high growth environment (required)
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Solid knowledge of HR principles, especially relevant employment legislation
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Business acumen, with an ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated behaviours that reinforce Medchart core values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Professional designation (CHRP or CHRL) or actively working towards considered an asset
What Medchart Offers
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact at an early stage technology company focused on solving critically important and valuable consumer healthcare data challenges
- Amazing culture powered by an inspired, highly collaborative team that believes in Medchart core values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Excellent visibility, growth, and personal development potential working closely with company founders and executive leadership
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits in a rapidly-growing, mission-driven early-stage company
- Group Health Benefits
- Remote work opportunity
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.