Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Product DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is building the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data, delivering unparalleled access to a comprehensive view of patient health. We are rapidly evolving our patient-centric, explicit consent-driven platform with unique machine learning capabilities to empower patients and their agents with new, actionable health insights.
We’re looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join Medchart to help solve the challenging problem of translating fragmented health information into valuable health and medical insights for our customers. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work within an integrated squad of Product Managers, Designers, and Developers to design, build, and implement ML solutions for the analysis and organization of a growing database of over a million health records, providing unprecedented opportunities for ML-driven health knowledge discovery.
- A team player who can work within an integrated team of product managers, designers, and developers.
- Expert critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a keen eye to apply machine learning solutions to solve interesting customer problems.
- Effectively translate requirements into feasible machine learning solutions.
- Develop, drive, and execute the long-term vision and strategy for content understanding and machine learning platforms.
- Ensure the development of consistent high quality data products.
- Standardize data quality measurements by establishing metrics, building tools and processes.
- Work with external vendors and aid build vs buy decisions.
- Work closely with data privacy and data security teams at Medchart to help guide the data privacy policies and comply with data protection regulations.
- Research state-of-the-art methods in language modelling and related natural language. processing problems, data extraction, and other machine learning problems.
- Prototype novel methods and productionize promising methods.
- Build Medchart’s machine learning pipeline.
- Live our company values of humble, hungry, and care
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional or academic experience in machine learning
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- You are adept at machine learning algorithms.
- Proven ability to apply, debug, and develop machine learning models for real-world applications (especially NLP)
- Accomplished problem solver, able to think both creatively and methodically.
- Able and eager to learn about the latest technologies and ML best practices.
- Effective communicator who can translate complex technical concepts into simple ideas depending on the audience.
- Hands-on experience on large scale machine learning systems (full ML stack from modelling to deployment at scale.)
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop/Spark).
- Hands-on experience with medical data.
Workplace Perks @ Medchart:
- Health and Lifestyle benefit spending accounts
- Results-oriented work environment
- Frequent wellness initiatives
- Currently in a work from home environment with offices in Toronto, Waterloo, and Dallas
- A positive, diverse, and growth-oriented team environment
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.