VP of Product
Product DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is building the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data, delivering unparalleled access to a comprehensive view of patient health. We are rapidly evolving our patient-centric, explicit consent-driven platform with unique machine learning capabilities to empower patients and their agents with new, actionable health insights.
We’re looking for a VP of Product to join Medchart to build a world class Product Management team. In this role you will lead the formation of a team of skilled Product Managers and UI/UX Design professionals that can lead Medchart’s efforts to conceive, develop, and deliver market-leading solutions for our healthcare data marketplace partners, providers, patients and their agents. Our VP of Product will report directly to Medchart’s CEO as a core member of our executive leadership team, playing a critical role in driving company strategy, growth, and long term value to our stakeholders.
- Product Strategy: develop and articulate a compelling product vision and strategy across Medchart offerings, driving strategic alignment internally and with Medchart customers
- Team Leadership: build a team of highly skilled and effective Product Managers and UI/UX professionals to lead discovery, development, and commercialization of all Medchart marketplace and technology offerings
- Business Value & Viability: ensure product line roadmaps are thoughtfully aligned and continually evolving to expand the value delivered to customers
- Product Development: work with Engineering and Data Science leadership to ensure our product development teams, process, and tools are effective, efficient, and scalable as we continue to expand our product offerings and customer base
- Commercialization & GTM: work with our GTM and cross-functional leadership to ensure we take new products and features to market to maximum effect and benefit for our customers. Ensure we manage each new capability through its full life cycle
- Thought Leadership: Develop expertise around our customers and their most important business problems, evangelizing Medchart’s solutions internally and externally in client conversations, industry events, and internal company forums
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of product management experience in a B2B/SaaS environment, with 5+ years managing and developing Product Management and UI/UX teams
- Experience building products in the HealthTech or MedTech space and a solid understanding of US health data exchange and privacy practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills working with cross-functional teams to solve important customer business problems
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you are mission-oriented, proactive, and a passionate problem solver who thrives in dynamic, early stage environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator, with a highly analytical, data-driven approach
- Demonstrated behaviors that reinforce Medchart values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Based in Toronto/Waterloo, Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field; MBA desirable
- Prior experience with Marketplace/SaaS offerings, with a focus on complex customer data environments
- Exposure to Healthcare-specific data technical and regulatory practices
- Technical background in Computer Science, or hands on experience as a software engineer
What Medchart Offers
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact at an early stage technology company focused on solving critically important and valuable consumer healthcare data challenges
- Amazing culture powered by an inspired, highly-collaborative team that believes in Medchart core values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Excellent visibility, growth, and personal development potential, working closely with company founders and executive leadership
- Fantastic office location and amenities, including standing desks and the option to choose your own tech
- Highly competitive compensation, benefits, and equity in a rapidly-growing, mission-driven early stage company
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.