Director of Finance
Business OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is building the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data, delivering unparalleled access to a comprehensive view of patient health. We are rapidly evolving our patient-centric, explicit consent-driven platform with unique machine learning capabilities to empower patients and their agents with new, actionable health insights.
We are seeking a Director of Finance to join our leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, you will build out our finance team to own financial reporting, planning and FP&A processes, but more importantly, help us operationalize our business model. You will partner with all leaders across Medchart to provide data-driven insights, build detailed financial models, and enable us to continuously improve our performance and evolve our strategic direction. The ideal candidate will have an investment banking or public accounting background paired with operating experience scaling technology businesses. Healthcare experience is a plus, but not required.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and lead finance team on producing monthly financial statements
- Drive management system cadence including annual planning, quarterly forecast, and monthly business variance analysis
- Evaluate TAM, revenue, and profit opportunity for new products and new segments
- Build and maintain unit economic frameworks to evaluate the ROI of various products, features, and business strategies and guide team decision-making
- Collaborate with business units to develop financial models and right metrics to track business performance
- Develop reporting to the executive leadership on business unit financial performance
- Develop board materials, fundraising materials, and other external reporting to advise investors and other key stakeholders on overall company financial health
Your previous experience:
- CPA or CFA designation a must
- 7 + years relevant working experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Strong in Excel with financial modelling skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What Medchart Offers
- An opportunity to have an outsized impact at an early stage technology company focused on solving critically important and valuable consumer healthcare data challenges
- Amazing culture powered by an inspired, highly-collaborative team that believes in Medchart core values: Hunger, Humility, and Care
- Excellent visibility, growth, and personal development potential, working closely with company founders and executive leadership
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits in a rapidly-growing, mission-driven early stage company
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.