Business OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is a health technology start-up with offices in Toronto and Waterloo, Canada, and Dallas, USA. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data. Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor, or other healthcare facilities across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties such as other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Finance/Accounting Manager to join our growing team! Working under the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for day-to-day finance, bookkeeping and reporting functions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage weekly AR, AP, and cash reconciliation process
- Manage month-end closing process including journal entries reviews, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare consolidated monthly financial statements
- Be the key liaison with the accounting firm during the year-end audit
- Work with external firms and internal teams on sales tax, transfer pricing, and other tax-related tasks
- Document financial operations processes to ensure business continuity
- Provide support as required for budget & forecast process
- Perform other duties as directed by the company
Your previous experience:
- CPA designation a must
- Experience in Quickbooks and US GAAP experience is a bonus
- Experience in SQL and PowerBI is a bonus
- 5+ years relevant working experience
- Excellent problem-solving and written/oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
Workplace perks @ Medchart:
- Health and Lifestyle benefit spending accounts
- Group Health Benefits
- Results-oriented work environment
- Frequent wellness initiatives
- Currently in a work from home environment with offices in Toronto and Waterloo
- A positive, diverse, and growth-oriented team environment
Note: Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.