Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeKitchener, ON
Medchart is a health technology startup based in Toronto and now growing to Dallas. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers.
We are looking at add a Escalations Specialist to our team.
What You’ll Do:
As an Escalations Specialist, you will be responsible for holding health care providers accountable to legislation and regulatory guidelines regarding requests for access to personal health information. You will proactively monitor outstanding requests to identify cases where requests are close to violating applicable legislation, as well as follow up on priority requests as identified by our Customer Success team. You will use logic to problem solve and look beyond single solution answers.
This position reports to the Manager of Records Processing.
- Identify, investigate, and execute the appropriate action(s) concerning outstanding medical record requests
- Communicate with health care providers to help them resolve barriers preventing them from releasing information in a timely fashion
- Utilize a wide range of tools to enforce guidelines (e.g., enforcement letters, OCR complaints, etc)
- Monitor responses to enforcement techniques to refine the team’s enforcement “toolkit”
- Use logic to solve difficult problems
- Provide feedback on customer pain points and make recommendations to management for improvement
- Work with management to attain departmental goals
- Work as a team to ensure optimum customer satisfaction
What you bring:
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer escalation management
- Extremely comfortable communicating with customers, both verbally and in writing
- Embrace and adopt new technologies and processes quickly
- High level of computer proficiency and Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Excellent organization/time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- A continuous improvement mindset
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented startup environment;
- Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups;
Internal applicants are asked to apply directly through company website or to email applications to HR@medchart.com
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.