Health Information Scanning Specialist - COPPELL, TX
Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeDallas, TX
Medchart is a health technology startup based in Toronto and now growing to Dallas. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facilities across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers.
We are looking at add a Health Information Scanning Specialist to our team.
What you'll do:
As a Health Information Scanning Clerk, you will:
- Receive, organize, scan and shred documents;
- Manage scanning and printer queue, folding/inserter machine, postage meter, and related processes;
- Ensure smooth operation with a proven track record of using and troubleshooting printer queues, folding/inserter machines, postage meters, including supplies and overall maintenance;
- Help perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system;
- Commit to customer service to resolve issues with healthcare providers by maintaining the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security;
- Contact providers via phone & email to request and follow up on records to ensure timely turnaround of records.
Our ideal candidates have:
- 2-3 years of work experience in Health/Medical Records retrieval from healthcare providers
- Highly proficient using copiers, scanners, and knowledge of internal office networks
- Post-secondary education, ideally in Health Information Management
- Strong English communication skills (French or Spanish is a bonus)
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk, or relevant work experience;
- Is fluent in computer software and technically savvy
Workplace Perks and Benefits:
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented startup environment;
- Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups
- Health and Lifestyle Spending Accounts
- Results-oriented work environment
- Frequent wellness initiatives
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.