Health Information Quality Analyst (July-Dec contract)
Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is a health technology start-up with offices in Toronto and Waterloo, Canada, and Dallas, USA. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data. Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers.
Normally, you will be working out of our office in Toronto, ON, Canada. During Covid-19, we will get you set up to train and work from home.
Who you are
We are looking for a person who thrives in a rapid-growth and high-velocity environment. We are looking for detail-oriented health information analysts and health records coders. On top of this, we value individuals who champion continuous learning; those who want to learn from others and at the same time are willing to patiently teach others and build them up.
What you'll be doing
- Performing detailed review of health records to tagging items of interest against a preset criteria
- Performing quality assurance on machine-generated tags and assisting with training of machine learning algorithms
- Building a timeline of encounters and practitioner names with at least monthly resolution of encounters
- Collaborating with the Project and Records Processing teams to ensure a complete and organized coverage of client files in every stage of the record request and QA process.
- Compiling regular status update reports and delivery files
- Keeping up to date with new Product/Service features and updates
- Contributing to the Medchart Core Values: Humility, Hunger, and Care
What you should have
- 1-2 years of health information management, medical research and bio/life-sciences related experience;
- Education/Training in Health Information Management, Health Informatics, Medical Sciences, Life Sciences
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail
- High level of comfort with using and troubleshooting desktop and web applications, and a working knowledge of the underlying operations of data privacy/security best practices;
- A competitive mindset;
- A continuous improvement mindset.
What's in it for you?
Medchart is growing rapidly over the next 18 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive Medchart and influence the product, information architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact customer-facing projects in an agile fast-paced environment. Finally, your opportunities for advancement will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America and build a huge company!
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation and performance incentive plan
· Group benefits and flexible health & lifestyle spending accounts
· A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented start-up environment
· Frequent team lunches and social events
· Active in the local tech and start-up community with tickets to optional after-hours networking events and meetups
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Note: We will only contact successful candidates. Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.