Health Information Scanning Clerk
Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeToronto, ON
Medchart is a health technology startup based in Toronto. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers.
What you'll do:
As a Health Information Scanning / Mailroom Clerk, you will:
- Commit to customer service to resolve issues with healthcare providers by maintaining the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security;
- Contact providers via phone & email to request and follow up on records to ensure timely turnaround of records.
- Receive, organize, scan and shred documents;
- Manage scanning and printer queue, folding/inserter machine, postage meter, and related processes;
- Ensure smooth operation with a proven track record of using and trouble shooting printer queues, folding/inserter machines, postage meters" including supplies and overall maintenance;
- Help perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system;
Our ideal candidates have:
- 2-3 years of work experience in Health/Medical Records retrieval from healthcare providers
- Highly proficient using copiers, scanners and knowledge of internal office networks
- Post secondary education, ideally in Health Information Management
- Strong English communication skills
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk, or relevant work experience;
- Is fluent in computer software and technically savvy
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented startup environment;
- Health and Lifestyle Benefits
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.