Document Scanning Specialist
Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeDallas, TX
Medchart is a health technology startup based in Toronto and now growing to Dallas. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers. Through AI, we power insights for world-leading medical research and applications.
What you'll do:
As a Scanning Specialist, you will:
- Maintain the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security;
- Receive, organize, scan and shred documents;
- Manage scanning and printer queue, folding/inserter machine, postage meter, and related processes;
- Ensure smooth operation with a proven track record of using and trouble shooting printer queues, folding/inserter machines, postage meters" including supplies and overall maintenance;
- Help perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system;
- Contacting providers via phone & email to request and follow up on records to ensure timely turnaround of records.
- Commitment to customer service to resolve issues with healthcare clinics, hospital record departments, and law firms.
- Maintaining the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security.
Our ideal candidates have:
- 2-3 years of work experience in as a mailroom/productions clerk in a medical, banking, legal or insurance setting;
- High school diploma or higher;
- Strong English communication skills;
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk, or relevant work experience;
- Recognition/Knowledge of medical terminology and health record documents;
- Have a high attention to detail and quality control;
- Have excellent computer skills and ability to report bugs in the software;
- Is fluent in computer productivity software and internet research;
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented startup environment;
- Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups;
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.