Systems Development Engineer
Business OperationsFull TimeKitchener, ON
Medchart is a health technology start-up based in Toronto and Kitchener, Canada. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data. Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers. Through AI, we power insights for world-leading medical research and applications.
Are you someone who is performance obsessed? Strive to optimize every process you touch? And have the technical aptitude to develop new systems involving human factor design, process automation, basic IT and office equipment interfacing, scripting and coding? If so, then read on.
Medchart requires a highly skilled, energetic, creative Systems Development Engineer to design, develop, configure, and maintain operations management systems and processes for it's back-office document processing operations. These operations are growing rapidly and your goal will be to enhance and advance firm productivity, scalability, and quality control related to high-volume document processing procedures. This position reports to the CEO. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to reshape the workflows within the firm as the firm pursues a growth plan within a culture that embraces automation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· As a System Dev Engineer you will develop or further existing and new automation and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall back-office efficiency
· Apply engineering knowledge to complex projects in the design, development, test and integration of specialized products and technologies
· Collaborate with team members to develop system level requirements and translate those into specific requirements for product development
· Track project requirements and ensure requirements are being validated and/or verified throughout the project lifecycle
· Provide technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development
· Prepare supporting documentation throughout all phases of a project including operational procedures
· Provide operational support and training to back-office staff on use of the system
· Lead investigations and troubleshooting of system-level issues as they arise
· Creation of baseline metrics and monitoring of service health
· You have demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
· You have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications/systems
· You are a creative problem solver with excellent analytical thinking skills able to tackle unique and complex problems
· You take responsibility for the quality of your work and, regardless of their source, strive to prevent faults from impacting customers
· The ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in common scripting or programming languages across various systems
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root causes of issues
· A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment
· Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a motivated self-starter
· Required experience with relational databases. Windows/Web software development, workflow engines would be considered an asset.
· Deep knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
· A minimum of 3 years of Process Development experience is required
· B.S/M.S. degree in Engineering or a related technical field
· Systems Administration / Engineering background required
What's in it for you?
Medchart is growing rapidly over the next 18 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive Medchart and influence the product, information architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact sales projects in an agile fast-paced environment. Finally, your opportunities for advancement will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America and build a huge company!
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation and commission plan
· Group benefits and flexible health & lifestyle spending accounts
· A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented start-up environment
· Frequent team lunches and social events
· Amazing offices located in downtown Kitchener
· Active in the local tech and start-up community with optional after-hours events and meetups
Medchart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.