Medical Records Specialist
Client Care and Information ManagementFull TimeKitchener, ON
MedChart is a health technology start-up based in Toronto and Kitchener, Canada. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers. Through AI, we power insights for world-leading medical research and applications.
What you’ll do:
As a Records Specialist, you will contact Canadian and US-based hospitals, doctors’ offices, labs and other data providers to gather client records. You will assist with decision support on complex cases and help perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system.
- Contacting providers via phone & email to request and follow up on records to ensure timely turnaround of records.
- Commitment to customer service to resolve issues with healthcare clinics, hospital record departments, and law firms.
- Operations management with decision support, documentation, and metrics reporting.
- Training as a team and contributing to process building.
- Maintaining the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security.
What you bring:
- 2-3 years of work experience in as a health information management specialist / law clerk / medical office assistant;
- College diploma or higher;
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk certification, or relevant work experience;
- Recognition/Knowledge of medical terminology and health record documents
- Strong English communication skills
- Demonstrate a history of accountability, reliability, and self-management
- Have a high attention to detail and quality control
- Have excellent computer skills and ability to report bugs in the software
- Fluent in computer productivity software and internet research
What's in it for you?
MedChart is growing rapidly over the next 18 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive MedChart and influence the product, information architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact problems in an agile fast-paced environment. Finally, your opportunities for advancement and ownership will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America and build a huge company!
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Group benefits and flexible health & lifestyle spending accounts
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented start-up environment
- Frequent team lunches and social events
- Amazing offices located in the heart of Downtown Kitchener's Innovation District in the Tannery Building
- Active in the local tech and start-up community with optional after-hours events and meetups
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.