Product UX Design Lead
Product DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
MedChart is a venture-backed health technology startup based in Toronto and Kitchener, Canada. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers. Through AI, we power insights for world-leading medical research and applications.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
MedChart is growing rapidly over the next 18 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive MedChart and influence the product, information architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact problems in an agile fast-paced environment located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Finally, your opportunities for advancement and ownership will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America and build a huge company!
You will be joining a team of 20+ people who are passionate about our mission to democratize health data. You will immediately jump into projects to expand our current platform based on real customer needs. You will be given plenty of flexibility on how to implement your designs and propose solutions. The business and development teams will collaborate closely with you to ensure you become successful in your role as quickly as possible.
● You have at least 4 years of full-time Product UI/UX design experience
● You bring a strong user-centric research ethic to your design process
● You are happy building and mentoring a new Product Design team
● Product Research: Work with our customer success and business teams to gather user data, squash assumptions, and make information-driven decisions.
● Create personas and scenarios: You bring a strong understanding of industry UX standards and user behaviours. Work with Customer Success and users to put context to your knowledge.
● Information Architecture: Improve the structure and flow of our platforms.
● Wireframes: Iterate through low-fidelity designs with Customer Success, Business, and Development teams.
● Prototyping & Testing: Create high fidelity designs and test with beta users.
● Design Process: In the process of getting your hands dirty in design, you will also need to consciously establish a design system that can scale with our company.
● Group medical benefits, plus Health and Lifestyle Spending Accounts through League
● Eligibility for Employee Stock Option Plan after 1 year of work
● Agile project-oriented work environment
● Frequent team lunches and events
● Amazing office located in the heart of Downtown Toronto Fashion District
● A positive, diverse and growth-oriented team environment
● Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.