Full-stack .NET / React Developer
Product DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
MedChart is a venture-backed health technology startup based in Toronto and Kitchener, Canada. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers. Through AI, we power insights for world-leading medical research and applications.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
MedChart is growing 10X over the next 18 months and offers an opportunity to become an early stage team member. You will help drive MedChart and influence the product, data architecture and user experience. You will work on challenging high-impact problems in an agile fast-paced environment located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Finally, your opportunities for advancement and ownership will continue to grow as we rapidly expand across North America and build a huge company!
You will be joining a team of 20+ people who are passionate about our mission to democratize health data. You will immediately jump into projects to expand our current platform based on real customer needs. You will be given plenty of flexibility on how to implement your code and propose solutions. The business and development teams will collaborate closely with you to ensure you become successful in your role as quickly as possible.
● Develop, test, release, and maintain complex software
● Always thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability
● Ensure our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production
● Work with the team or independently to solve critical time-sensitive customer issues from time to time
● Training as a team and contributing to process building
● Maintaining the highest standards of integrity, confidentiality, and security
Our ideal candidates:
● Completed training in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
● Have at least 2 years of experience developing with MVC Frameworks or similar (e.g., ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, Laravel, etc)
● Knowledge of SQL Server or other relational databases
● Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and testing strategies
● Knowledge in Entity Framework is a plus
● Experience in React.js is a plus
● Enthusiastic about working in a start-up work culture
● Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment and are eager to share your expertise and experience with others
● Enjoy working closely with a tight-knit team and training others in a growing team
● C#, ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework, React.js, Azure Bus Queues, .NET Core, CosmosDb, Serverless Apps (Azure Functions), Logic Apps and much more. Plenty of opportunities for fun and learning!
Nice to have:
Understanding of machine learning tools and principles.
● Group medical benefits, plus Health and Lifestyle Spending Accounts through League
● Eligibility for Employee Stock Option Plan after 1 year of work
● Agile project-oriented work environment
● Frequent team lunches and events
● Amazing office located in the heart of Downtown Toronto Fashion District
● A positive, diverse and growth-oriented team environment
● Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: Medchart does not sponsor visa applicants for work in Canada. You must be eligible to work in Canada at time of application.