Medical Record Processing Specialist (Part Time/Casual)
Client Care and Information ManagementPart TimeKitchener, ON
MedChart is a health technology startup based in Toronto and Kitchener, Canada. We are embarking on a period of rapid growth to build the world’s most comprehensive marketplace of patient-owned health data.
Our platform aggregates official health records from any hospital, doctor or other healthcare facility across North America on behalf of patients and their authorized third parties like other doctors, lawyers, insurers, and researchers. Through AI, we power insights for world-leading medical research and applications.
What we're looking for:
As a Records Specialist, you will contact Canadian and US-based hospitals, doctors’ offices, labs and other data providers to gather client records. You will assist with decision support on complex cases, and help perform quality assurance on the data that flows through our system.
- Contacting providers via phone & email to request and follow up on records to ensure timely turnaround of records.
- Commitment to customer service to resolve issues with healthcare clinics, hospital record departments, and law firms.
- Operations management with decision support, documentation, and metrics reporting.
- Training as a team and contributing to process building.
- Maintaining the highest standards of privacy, data quality, data integrity, confidentiality, and security.
Our ideal candidates have:
- 2-3 years of work experience in as a health information management specialist / law clerk / medical office assistant;
- College diploma or higher;
- Recognized Medical Records, Office Administration, or Law Clerk certification, or relevant work experience;
- Recognition/Knowledge of medical terminology and health record documents
- Strong English communication skills
- Demonstrate a history of accountability, reliability, and self-management
- Have a high attention to detail and quality control
- Have excellent computer skills and ability to report bugs in the software
- Is fluent in computer productivity software and internet research
- Group benefits and flexible health & lifestyle spending accounts
- A positive, non-traditional, results-oriented startup environment
- Frequent team lunches and social events
- Amazing offices located in the heart of Downtown Kitchener's Innovation District in the Tannery Building
- Active in the local tech and startup community with optional after-hours events and meetups
- How many years of experience do you have working with medical record requests or equivalent?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you proficient in spoken and written English and/or French?
Note: Successful candidates may be asked to undergo a background check.
MedChart is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.